cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot install Smartview 2.28 on Win7 - "not a valid Win32 application"

Journeyman

Cannot install Smartview 2.28 on Win7 - "not a valid Win32 application"

Trying to install the downloaded version of Smartview 2.28 on Windows 7 Ultimate.  I am the admin on the system.  Have d/l the application several times, rebooted, etc etc etc.

Every attempt to install results in "SSV_Windows2.28.0082.exe is not a valid Win32 application"

Have tried every compatibility mode option, run as admin, etc. with no change.

Any ideas?

Tags (4)
2 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Cannot install Smartview 2.28 on Win7 - "not a valid Win32 application"

More information is needed, Are you saving the file to your hard drive and if so where too? I find that if I have a problem computer running both windows 7 32 & 64 bit it helps to save the smartview download to your desktop(why this makes any differance I do not know) and install it from there. This has helped on several of my friends computers. Also are you getting any error codes besides the not a valid win 32 app.

Are you downloading the update from the sprint website only and not off of Google or some other such sites

Journeyman

Re: Cannot install Smartview 2.28 on Win7 - "not a valid Win32 application"

Try downloading  the window installer cleanup utility. http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/9/d/e9d80355-7ab4-45b8-80e8-983a48d5e1bd/msicuu2.exe. Then running in it from the start button look for the sprint installer remove it. You may need to restart at this point. Then run the install program for Smartview this has worked on 2 different machines for me and I am trying to get the word out every so often as Sierra has still not resolved this issue with the windows installer and smartview for sprint. ISmiley Happy

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.