cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Choppy Videos with MiFi® 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot by Novatel Wireless

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was wondering if anything can be done about choppy videos while using my Mobile Hotspot.  No matter how good the signal strength is, if I play internet videos it just stalls.  It is very choppy and constantly buffering.  I also just added Netflix to my Wii and connected to this hotspot and only got about 2 minutes of the movie before there was an issue.  Is there anything that can be done to help the video quality? On days that my signal is lower, or flashing, I could understand it, but most times I have a solid green LED and even on rare occassions a blue and still have the same video issues.

1 REPLY 1
Master

To help determine more about this you need to run some speed tests at various times of the day and see what the difference is.  I use speakeasy.net as a test but there are numerous speed test pages out there.  Also supply me with an address that is close to where you are so we can see what the performance is on the tower so we can narrow things down to tower, network or device.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat