Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect your Overdrive 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot to your computer with a USB cable

Highlighted
Journeyman

Connect your Overdrive 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot to your computer with a USB cable

Mac OS X 10.6.6 via USB connection??

I've installed the drivers, but the system does not see a new network port.

I've installed the latest software update on the overdrive v02.23.00

Works great via wireless as always, so it's not a show stopper, but I'd just like to get it going via USB.

Any ideas, suggestions?

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: Connect your Overdrive 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot to your computer with a USB cable

I am running now via a tethered USB under 10.6.6. Let's see if we can find what I did differently.

Did you reboot after installing the drivers?

Do you see a "Sierra Tethered Wireless Hotspot" under "Network" in "System Preferences?" If so, click on it on the left side. You should then see something under "Status" on the right side. What does it say?

Journeyman

Re: Connect your Overdrive 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot to your computer with a USB cable

Yes, I tried all the usually reboots, etc. The problem was I did not see the Wireless Sierra Hotspot under the network preference.

The cable I was using was apparently bad or the port on the hotspot is getting worn out. I switched to a new cable and It's working fine now.

The first cable would charge it but not allow a data connection. Seems strange but I've seen it before.

Hopefully the usb port on the device doesn't go bad.

Thanks for the reply

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat