Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current bill - What does this mean

Journeyman

My current bill on page 2:

"Discount Policy Change Notice

Effective your February bill cycle, Family and Business Share monthly plan charges will be billed differently. Discounts will only apply to the monthly recurring charge of the primary line. Line 2 will be billed at the applicable Add-a-Phone rate and will not be discount eligible."

Is my bill going to go up or down? "Since they have alread taken away my "unlimited" hotspot plan, Yeah I know, it's an add-on and not part of the contract, but what ever you are told by the rep who sold you on the "unlimited" plan doesn't mean anything, just wondering if they are changing my contract plan. They never really explain what they are doing in those little notes on your bill, so we have to get on this forum to find out.

10 REPLIES 10
Master

Re: Current bill - What does this mean

Currently, Sprint has agreed that discounts would apply off of the primary number only. However, due to the way the current billing is set up this actually includes two lines (since the second line on a shared plan is free). We are just adjusting the way the shared plans bill out. For instance, the Everything Data share plan is currently $129.99 for the primary line, the second line is $0 and lines 3-5 are $19.99. The new format makes the primary line cost $110 and lines 2-5 are $19.99 each. This makes sense for how the discounts were intended to be applied, since only the primary line is discountable and also makes more billing sense for when lines on the account shift from being primary to secondary and vice versa.

How Charges Display on Bills for Share Plans

Everything Data Share 1500

Old Billing

New Billing

Line 1

$129.99

$110.00

Line 2

$0

$19.99

Line 3

$19.99

$19.99

Talk Share 700

Old Billing

New Billing

Line 1

$69.99

$60.00

Line 2

$0

$9.99

Line 3

$9.99

$9.99

Hope this helps

Abe

Journeyman

Abe, so I still get my discount off the new billing of 110.00 (I have the 1500 minute plan), so could you show me the figures with 4 phones. (this what I have on my plan) and not the 3 in your example.

Jerry

Journeyman

No they are changing there game plan now because they realized they were losing money on this. For just me alone they are getting an extra $3/month because of this change. I am sick and tired of sprint nickel and diming me. First the premium data charge (for what premium data, I don't know) now an "adjustment" on the way they do their discounts. It only gets them more money in the end and that is all they are worried about. I'm going to look at cancelling soon and moving to someone else. While I might now get "unlimited' data, at least I will get data that works!.

Instead of giving them a run around to make things look better, give it to us how you really mean it sprint.

Old Plan $129.00 * .15% discount = $19.50

New Plan $110.00 * .15% discount= $16.50

For sprint = $3 * howevermanyfamilyplanswithdiscounts= $$$$$$$$$ for sprint.

Journeyman

Hey there SMBainter3....

I am Fonemann2 and I feel your pain. I too just found out Sprint is going to gouge me for $4.55 more a month because of the same reason ( Discount Off The Main Line= $110.00 instead of =$129.99 ).

I just got off the phone with a representatoive and I am rethinking turning off my phones but they have me over a barrel.  If I go to Verizon or ATT&T,  I am going to pay approximately $30.00 more a month and have to buy A LOT OF NEW Phones.

This is Bull * * * *.

If you have any suggestions please share.

PS: I am a long time customer for over 12 years with them too.

Journeyman

Hey there by the way... The rep I just spoke to said you have 30 days to decide if you want to keep the service or cancel without any penalty.  The 30 comes into play because it is a change of contract and EVERYBODY HAS A RIGHT TO DECIDE to either agree to the new contract changes or move on.

Unfortunately they know the other carriers have already capped their data services and are also charging approximately $30 - $40 more for the same plans.

Fonemann2 --- mad as hell.

Master

Yes, you will get discount off the new billing of 110.00(Primary Line).You have to check your next invoice due to  change in billing.

Hope this helps

Abe

Journeyman

@Fonemann-2

Exactly they do have us over a barrel. You know what though. Until we do something about it ie.. leave. They are just going to keep doing it. But I suspect other carriers are the same. I am just tired of paying them what I am with them praising how cheap they are compared to others and how they have unlimited data, but the services provided reflect just that cheap pricetag (guess you do get what you pay for). I won't even get into the data/call quality I get, as I suspect you probably get the same. So there again that cheap price catches up with us all.

I looked at VZ too and they are much more expensive. I also have 3 others on my account that I would basically have to kick off. Which I am not opposed too so we will see.

When is the 30 days in effect?

Journeyman

Abe, SMBAINTER3 is getting a 15% discount. I only got 10%. Is there different levels of discounts or do I need to ask for the other 5%?

Journeyman

I just a notice they are discontinuing the on-line storage for e-mail pictures eff 4/30/12. I don't use it but some of you may.

Master

jevicha2- There are different levels of discounts. For a company to sign up to offer its employees an NVP program: The discount is based on the total number of committed lines, with a minimum of 100 lines required to do a discount program etc.

Web site address: www.sprint.com/picturemail.

Note: On 4/30/12, storing and managing photos and videos online using the Sprint Picture Mail website will be discontinued.

• Email addresses using the @pm.sprint.com domain will expire on 6/15/12.
  • Any ability to take, recieve or share pictures and videos will not be affected.

You can move and save pictures and videos to avoid permanent loss of media files.

Hope this helps

Abe

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat