cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DO NOT BUY the Sprint Overdrive!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: DO NOT BUY the Sprint Overdrive!

OK! I have had this device now for 1 1/2 years. It has been nothing but problems. It has been replaced 4 times. Sprint told me after the third replacement that I could choose a different device. This was a lie because im on my 4th device and still no replacement. Now im getting speeds just as fast as a modem I might as well turn on my aol dialup acount and go back to 56kbps. I have allready switched to the ATT Overdrive 4G and instead of modem speeds, I get cable modem 4G speeds. It is amazing the ATT Elevate 4G by sierra Wireless is amazing. The only problem now is I can go threw 5GB in one day, where as with the Sprint Network It would take all year to even get to download 5GB.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same thing just happened to me.  I'm awaiting the resolution on the case opened by the Sprint agent. 

More importantly, I asked how we could "prevent" this from happening again.  I would be very happy to set a hard stop on 3g usage in order to avoid a $496 bill (as opposed to $69 and change) that I usually get.  "Detection and correction" does not eliminate the problem.

Does anybody know how to hard stop (or ask Sprint for a hard stop) when 3g usage hits the 5g included in plan?

Aloha and Be Well!

Alan Y.

San Francisco

Highlighted
Journeyman

I can offer another reason to NOT BUY:

After 2 years of low usage (mostly reliable), I opened my bill to find $500 in overages fees.  I have worked with MANY Sprint representatives over 2 weeks, and they all insist that my device was the source of the downloads, and I owe the charges.  I have changed NOTHING about my behavior, and finally had to cancel the account since I couldn't trust the device any more - nor can I trust the company.  This has been a very, VERY disappointing outcome.

If you buy this device: check your usage EVERY DAY - you will be held accountable, and they won't update you until they have you on the line for $500!!!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat