cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dell Inspiron 11z (1121) laptop 6-cell battery - where to find?

6 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: Dell Inspiron 11z (1121) laptop 6-cell battery - where to find?

I did a review of the laptop and provided links to the internal components, so you may want to check it out.

TS

Wizard

Thanks for the update. This is good to know. I'll be keeping this on my "cheat sheet."

Wizard

Ok, by going to that link, I noticed Dell chat and by talking to the Dell Chat rep, I managed to find out that the Sprint Inspiron 11z is actually a M101z with different internals (Intel Core i3 processor and Intel HM57 chipset). So any M101z battery will fit and work perfectly.

Unfortunently, it was out of stock, but Amazon does sell them as well as a third party seller.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

TS

Wizard

try dell's website. they have a 3-cell (that looks strangly like the one pictured in your hand above) and a 6-cell (that looks very similar to the one above on the left).

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/category.aspx?c=us&category_id=7051&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&mfgpid=20355...

Wizard

Thanks for the link Ron, but I am afraid that one will not work. If you see the images below,

1-the pins do not line up,

2-the laptop on Dells site showing the battery is suppose to be a 11z (which it is) but I've come to find out that the 11z that Sprint sells is not really an 11z.

The second set of imatges show the ports are not the same.

3-The third set of images show that on my 11z, there is a raised area and thinner battery release button, where the one on Dells site is different.

4-The last set of images show the other side of the laptop and the ports again are different.

http://santafemods.com/Forum/SprintCommunity/Battery3Cell_02.png

TS

twospirits_411,

Here is the information for the DEll inspiration 11z 6 cell battery. 

Thanks,

-Ron

56 WHr 6-Cell Lithium-Ion Battery for Dell Inspiron 11z (1110)/ Mini 10 (1010) Laptops

Manufacturer Part# : J658N | Dell Part# : 312-0935

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=soho&cs=ussoho1&sku=312-0935&mfgpi...

Wizard

Dell Inspiron 11z (1121) laptop 6-cell battery - where to find?

Recently, I bought the Dell Inspiron 11z from Sprint to replace one of my broadband cards and it works great, On the box it states that it comes with a 6 cell battery, but in reality it only comes with a 3 cell battery. I've tried looking everywhere (Dell, Amazon, etc) to see if I can purchase the 6 cell battery, but for the life of me I can't find it. Reading some reviews, it seems that the 11z is really another machine in disguise (M101, 1121, iM11z-3593) but when I ordered a battery from Amazon, it didn't fit.

So would anyone know where to get the 6 cell battery for this laptop?

Thanks

TS