Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dell Inspiron 11z w/ embedded WiMax has "Error 67" when attempting to connect to 4G

Journeyman

Dell Inspiron 11z w/ embedded WiMax has "Error 67" when attempting to connect to 4G

I have a new Dell Inspiron 11z with built-in 3G & 4G.

Yesterday all was well & I could use 4G like normal, and overnight, something happened to make this error window pop up. In the morning I had to click "OK" on 5 of them to make all the error messages go away. See attached screenshot of error message.

Starting this morning, all it'll connect to is 3G now, and whenever I try to change to 4G, all it says is "searching for network", so suddenly it can't see the 4G network. The signal meter for both 3G & 4G are real low- today 3G's at 1 bar, and 4G's at zero.

I don't understand how 4G can be okay one day and zero the next, and I suspect something's wrong, because cell towers don't disappear overnight.

What's worse is that sometimes when the signal does creep up enough that the laptop can try to connect, it doesn't, instead returning this error popup:

"Error 67: Your Vision User Name and/or Password may be incorrect. Note: If you attempt to connect repeatedly with an invalid password, your user name will be suspended for 20 minutes. A suspended user name cannot be used until the suspension ends, even with the correct password. If the problem persists, contact Sprint at 888-211-4727. To help resolve your problem click here."

When I click the link, it opens help, which instructs me to update the data profile from the tools menu on the Sprint Smartview application, and to reactivate the device in the hardware tab under the application's settings. I did both these things, and neither solved the problem.

When I call the toll-free number, I get transferred around then hung up on, so I'm now posting for help here on the forums.

Please help, thanks.

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Wizard

Hi cdvonstinkpot2,

Thanks for posting with us and I apologize for the issues you are having with the netbook.  I'd like to look into this for you, and since you have already done the suggested steps with updated the data profile, I will need to do a few things from my end to see if we can get that working again for you.  I'm going to send you a private message to get some information so I can help you out.

Thanks

David

Highlighted
Journeyman

Now the 3G connection drops out, and when I look at the Sprint Smartview application it says "Error with PPP connection", so I try to Update Data Profile again, and it errors with something I didn't take a screenshot of or write down the first time, and that didn't duplicate (thankfully), so I can't tell you what that was, something like "I can't but do you want to try again".

After the Data Profile Update does it's thing, and I reconnect to the Sprint network, 3G works again, but 4G still says "searching for network", as if there's no signal.

The 'insert image' button isn't working on the forum's embedded editor, so here's just a link:

http://sss.proinbox.com/4G%20no%20signal.jpg

I'm heading out across town with the laptop to see if it's a location issue with the signal, or if it can't see 4G anywhere, will report back later.

Highlighted
Wizard

Error PPP connection usually happens when there is something wrong with the Sprint SmartView program.  You may want to try and download the installation file from www.sprint.com/downloads - save it to your desktop and the remove and reinstall Smartview.  I would still like to make a couple of changes from my end, if you can respond to my private message so we can try that out as well, that would be great.

Thanks

David

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Dell Inspiron 11z w/ embedded WiMax has "Error 67" when attempting to connect to 4G

I'm posting this reply from across town, and 4G works here just fine. So I know it's a location based issue with the 4G now. It still doesn't explain the error, however.

That's unfortunate that there's a lack of signal at my house sometimes- I thought since it's worked fine up until now that it would stay that way. Am I mistaken in thinking that the signal should stay somewhat consistent?

I'm downloading the Sprint Smartview installer right now, and will reinstall it just to know I'll have an uncorrupted installation, although the preinstalled version ought to be okay, especially when the computer's only 3 days old.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Dell Inspiron 11z w/ embedded WiMax has "Error 67" when attempting to connect to 4G

I've just reinstalled Sprint Smartview, and now the WiMax shows 2  bars on its signal, like it did yesterday. And it connects fine now.

Screenshot:

http://sss.proinbox.com/4G%20Signal%20after%20reinstall.jpg

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat