cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Wimax radio and signon for U300

Highlighted

Disable Wimax radio and signon for U300

How can I completely disable 4G on the U300.  Even if I have Mobile Broadband above the 4g profiles it still tries to connect to 4G first.  This is a problem as I am using this for a time sensitive application and that extra 30 seconds for it to enable then disable the Wimax radio sucks.  Additionally - if I just enable 4G since it does work around Philadelphia even if the signon is long I cannot launch a specific IE page like I can with my Mobile Broadband Profile - it instead launches sprint.com.  Thanks in advance for the repsonses - if it doesn't work I am just going to trade it in for a traditional 3G card like we use on our other trucks.

2 REPLIES 2
Master

Re: Disable Wimax radio and signon for U300

The latest SmartView 2.27 software should have the option of disabling the 4G radio. I don't have it installed on this computer, so I can't check at the moment, but I should be able to do so later on this evening if you can't find it.

Journeyman

Re: Disable Wimax radio and signon for U300

On addition to having the connection manager disable 4g - I've had luck with some customers just disabling the "Beceem Tarang 3" driver.  This has been known to disable 4g while leaving the 3g driver intact.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat