cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Sprint aircards support publicly routable ip addresses?

Journeyman

Do Sprint aircards support publicly routable ip addresses?

I have a friend who is trying to use a competitors air card plugged into a wireless router that has a DVR with a hard wired Ethernet connection to the router. This is set-up in a remote location and he wants to monitor/access the DVR over the internet. He was told that his aircard does not support publicly routable ip addresses. In other words the air card cannot be accessed from the outside (internet). Does Sprint have the option on any of their 3G air cards to support publicly routable ip addresses? Ii have heard you can get a static ip for a few dollars extra but will this allow this guy to access his router and DVR from the internet? I am pretty sure if this will work with Sprint, he will change providers.

Thanks,

John

1 REPLY 1
Wizard

Re: Do Sprint aircards support publicly routable ip addresses?

Call and ask for Converged Product Technical Support. They handle the static IP stuff. You may have to be corporate-liable to get a public IP but I know that Sprint offers them.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat