cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the new 5gb combined 3G/4G data cap apply to mobile broadband devices?

Journeyman jsy
Journeyman

...and I just cut the ties.  (Sorry, couldn't edit the previous post.)  Sorry I couldn't stick around Sprint - but despite me not going over the limits, I needed to have the security of the unlimited plan.  Thanks for the short time we had together.  The rep was helpful and pleasant, so I was appreciative of that.

Actually, I have a few days left before the end of the cycle.

Journeyman

I'm over 10 years as well with Sprint and they couldn't careless about any of us. The only thing they had going for them is gone.... Just really awful way to do business.... I'm leaving as well!

Journeyman

I was told by a customer service manager that I was being grandfathered over... I asked him 3 times if he was sure and he put me on hold and came back and said yes. I had written an email to Dan Hesse and got a call back a day later.... when I told them that I had been informed that I was getting GFed over she said No way we're not doing that. So as always here the left hand doesn't know what the right even looks like.

I hope what you were told is true but...... this whole thing is very disappointing and unfair! At least give us SOMETHING for being loyal customers!  Geez cap the thing at 75g's 5 is usless!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Does the new 5gb combined 3G/4G data cap apply to mobile broadband devices?

I emailed Sprint to say my service ends at next billing cycle based upon their change of contract, and that there is NO termination fee.

Won't bother with 30+ minute phone call.

So far response back is "we're getting a higher than normal volume right now" so will take longer.

Fine I have like 15 days....

Bye Sprint.

Journeyman

Re: Does the new 5gb combined 3G/4G data cap apply to mobile broadband devices?

I have no idea what they are thinking.... How anyone at Sprint could think this is going to go well for them I have no idea. I guess that "higher number of calls" are people leaving Sprint in a really fast car!

Journeyman

I posted this chat log in another thread, the chat rep stated 4G will remain unlimited for the life of the contract. I don't actually believe this, but I thought it was worth posting.

Journeyman

Well what that rep said doesn't match what we see in print on sprint's website.

Somehow I think print rules.....

Journeyman

As much as I wish the Reps were right they don't seem to be. What this comes down too is Sprint doesn't care about any of the people they have signed up at this point. They are only concerned about the foolish plan to push their iPhone mistake. Just think how many people are going to drop them when they get a BIG bill next month because they don't know for whatever reason this really stupid change is coming. This is going to take months to get settled and in the end it will cost them a ton of money. Really Really dumb!

Journeyman jsy
Journeyman

Exactly - they are so engrossed at getting the iPhone out that they are not educating their reps and one hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing.  They don't care that you know what's coming and a lot of people are going to get a shock with their next bill.  If they decide to reconsider and grandfather those accounts, I'll be shut out since I canceled, but I don't mind.  The way this is all going stinks to high Heaven.  This is a MAJOR change to mobile broadband device owners and they aren't spending any amount of time telling you this other than the little blurb in your bill that you won't notice.  If it wasn't for sites like Engadget, etc. - I probably would not have even known.

My call was painless - it was only a 30 second wait and the whole thing took about 10 mins at most.  Rep at first said there would be an ETF and I said there shouldn't be b/c of the change in terms.  She put me on hold for a min and came back and said I was correct and that she would take care of that for me.  She was great and helpful and it's a shame that Sprint has chosen to take this path when I don't think they are in a position market-wise to do this. 

Sprint, you can complain all you want about how the ATT and T-Mobile merger would hurt you but frankly you're doing a good job of that on your own!

Journeyman

I terminated my contract last week without penality after calling Sprint last week about this issue.  I'm not going to pay for limited data on a device which has spotty coverage.  I switched to a Verizon 4G LTE hotspot a couple of days ago and have coverage everywhere I go at faster speeds.  I'll just have to use my home Clear broadband service for everything else including streaming and downloads.

Journeyman

Was staying downtown this weekend at Hyatt San Diego, one of the few places have clearwire 4G around here.

Set my mifi for 4G only. Downloaded the entire series of Northern Exposure, about 22GB.

Cost after Nov 2011 ???

Cost to me.....zero.....PRICELESS.

Thats what you get Sprint.

Journeyman

I watched the NASCAR race today on my laptop.... 3gb's in about 3.5 hours... 5gb's is totally useless. Are you guys at Sprint listening too any of us?!?!?!?

Oh silly me!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 10:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat