cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the new 5gb combined 3G/4G data cap apply to mobile broadband devices?

Journeyman

I just went through their website, looked up the Dell laptops, went to choose a data plan and saw two options, 10GB 3G / Unlimited 4G for 89.99. and 5GB 3G / Unlimited 4G for 59.99. They're still advertising it. It's really shameful.

Journeyman

I had a friend call up as if she wanted internet service using a Hot Spot and they tried to sell her Unlimited 4G...... ON SATURDAY!

Journeyman

Look for an Email address for Dan Hesse, write to them and someone will call you back... thats where I was told you have 30/45 days to cancel. Make them put it on your records then call back customer service a few days later to make sure it's on there. Thats what I did ...I WILL not pay to get out of this contract!

Journeyman

Re: Does the new 5gb combined 3G/4G data cap apply to mobile broadband devices?

I would keep escalating until I got the "right answer," $350 is worth the time. Either way, you should file a complaint with the Greater KC BBB, someone from Executive Account Services will contact you.

Journeyman jsy
Journeyman

LVWolfman21 wrote:

I have a Dell 11z notebook I got from Sprint 4 months ago.  It has a built-in 3G/4G card.  The software supplied makes it extremely difficult to switch from the Sprint network to WiFi.  I've done it, and it required using three different programs.  Then on the next boot of Windows, it's back to 4G.

My 4G usage so far this month is 13.5GB with six days to go.  This is my main computer.  At the new rates, my bill would jump by about $500 a month!

So  I called, explained and got escalated, explained and got escalated and explained yet again.  I was rather politely told by Shaun to basically go have carnal knowledge with myself, that nowhere in my contract does it say I get 4G coverage, much less unlimited 4G. Thus eliminating unlimited 4G is not a adverse material change to my contract so they're going to add a $350 early termination charge to my bill.

Yes, I cancelled my service on this device.  I'll have to pay the ETF but I guarantee that I'm going to cause Sprint more than $350 in bad publicity.  The fee is certainly cheaper than $10,000 in extra fees over the remaining life of the contract.

LVWolfman21 - that is so repulsive that I find it offensive.  This should be treated as a mobile broadband device where it is considered a material change but I see if they are saying $350 ETF, they are treating it like an advanced cell phone.  That is just absurd - the expectation is that the notebook will use far more data and therefore I think it should be treated as a mobile broadband device.  These comments here make me really more and more disgusted at how this is handled.  Many of us appear to have started contracts recently only to have the rug pulled from out under us.  Shame, Sprint...

Journeyman

Sprint, just say what it is and quit all the fluff.  Bottom line is if you were using 4G unlimited, on your mobile broadband devices, (which I was doing), it is no longer unlimited. The "bucket" term, is nothing but a limit imposed.  When you say that you're combining the 3G and 4G, it dosen't mean that once you've used up all of the 3G KB then it will go to the 4G unlimited. It means, that all you have now is KB of 3G. Once it's been used up, then you'll be charged the overage cost.

Journeyman

NIMA_2011:  Sprint is not saying there will be no more 4G.  The "bucket" concept means that the combined data usage of 3G and 4G is 5GB (not 3G KB).  You will have access to 4G when it is available and the device switches to 3G when you're not in a 4G access zone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well I never use 3G on my Hotspot so it's still a 5gig cap on my usage and thats usless to me. I agree this bucket stuff means nothing at all other than they want to limit your 4G. We've always had a cap on 3G... at least for the last few years so 3G doesn't enter into this really.

Journeyman

I have been a loyal Sprint customer for over 11 years.

I stuck with them for years when they were to pathetic to offer a iPhone.

In August I bought a $200 Overdrive Hotspot device and signed a 2 year contract based on unlimited 4g bandwidth.  I pay $59 a month.

Now Sprint has decided to violate my contract leaving me with an unusable option that even if I'm allowed to cancel, I'm still stuck with a $200 paper-weight.

I understand if changing business pressures make it impossible to continue to offer this contract to new customers.

I understand if when my 2 year contract is up, if it is no longer an option for renewal.

But to pull my existing 2 year contract out from under a long time customer....its just beyond incompetent.  It borders on criminal.

I'm sure in some cubicle a Sprint accountant calculated the number of customers they would lose versus the dollars they would save.

I intend to make their decision much more expensive to them than just losing my business.

I intend to file complaints with the BBB.

I intend to file complaints with the FCC.

I intend to file complaints with my state Attorney General.

I intend to fume on every message board, blog, soapbox I can find about how Sprint does NOT honor its business agreements with long time customers.

I intend to cost them many more tens of thousands of dollars more in lost potential customers and decreased market goodwill than they will ever have saved by breaking their contract with me.

Journeyman

I'm with you!. That is the one of the biggest reasons I went with sprint for the unlimited 4g, If sprint wants the custumer to honor their side of the tcontract (which i do) how come they can't ? I understand that for new custermer but not for some who legally singed a contract who thought in good faith was getting a  product for which i signed uo for and now  a CAP on the 4g!.Thats not fair.

Journeyman

You are 100% correct.....

Journeyman

I started a 3/4g plan for a usb modem in 1/2011, 3g is capped @ 5gb (which I use to go over just for on call  @ work).  I've exceeded 5gb on the 4G a few times and still no additionsl bills, no e-mail or bill msg that says 4g will be capped.  Bill states 4g is unlimited, I also still get 6-10Mbs on 4g so they are not slowing it either

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat