cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the new 5gb combined 3G/4G data cap apply to mobile broadband devices?

Journeyman

I was able to get my ETF waived.  Granted it was only $80 (prorated) anyway, but, if you look here, number 5 clearly states that all wifi devices should not have an ETF.

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Learn_about_Early_Termination_Fee/case-sp061027-20110823-1...

Sprint got it right this time.

Journeyman

Switched over to Clear and have faster transfer rates across the board. They're still unlimited.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint doesn't know what its doing.

My new cycle started today, yet the account STILL says unlimited 4G. But the last billing said the data cap change was effective this cycle.

Anyway,told them the contract is over.

Journeyman

i just cancelled my plan.  sprint did not notify us of the plan change.  how i found out was an email that said i was approaching my plan limit.  They had the nerve to ask me for payment on the eos.  sprint just lost me as a customer from 8 years.  both mobile and internet are now cancelled. 

Journeyman

Re: Does the new 5gb combined 3G/4G data cap apply to mobile broadband devices?

i am a month late to this game.  i use e-bill and auto bill pay, so the $500 in overage charges was completely out of the blue.  my first thought was i had accidentally been connected to 3g the whole month.

getting the $500 refunded only took a little persistence.  through standard customer care, the max they can refund is $250, and the rep said she would do that as a courtesy.  i said thanks for your courtesy but what about the 2 year business arrangement i had signed up for.  i was referred to a "high balance" account group and a manager there refunded the full overage charge.

i didn't stop there.  i said if i were to back out of a contract, sprint can hit me with all kinds of charges.  i asked, what can sprint do for me when they change these terms, and he gave me an additional $25 courtesy credit.

tomorrow i'm calling the accounts group.  if they won't grandfather my unlimited 4g i'm going to cancel the plan, and there's no way i'll accept an early termination fee.  in fact, i will ask them to refund the purchase price of my overdrive pro.

then i'm going to check out mobile broadband from clear wireless.  i read they only throttle if the tower is experiencing heavy load, in which case they punish the heaviest users first.  and they make antennas that can let you switch towers. so it might not be terrible.

Journeyman

Wow... I have been completely in the dark and am two months late to this game.   I was lured in by the Iphone and quickly discovered I would need internet at my home if I wanted to continue talking and surfing at the same time as I had done with T-Mobile for the past sereral years.   I was advised that I could aquire a Mobile broadband device with unlimited 4G which would also give me unlimited fast internet for my laptop as I lived in a 4g area on 10/19/2011!!!!  The deal seemed to good to be true because I was also receiving a $10.00 Discount on the data plan because I had a Simply Everything Plan on my I phone.  So I was sold on it even though friends had suggested I go with CLEAR, I chose to go with sprints MIFI 4082.   I was pleased with everything especially my bill which was $113.58 for October, November, December, January and February.   Now all of a sudden I get an email saying I was 2GB over my 3GB allowance.  I was shocked and I wondered if it had switched to 3G with out my knowing.   No something worse, far worse and deceiving had happened.  Sprint ended their unlimited 4G for mobile broadband devices 1 month BEFORE I was sold this mifi device and entered into a two year contract!  Why I ask was my service not interruped until my February billing cycle which began on January 27th?   I am so confused and to be honest hurt.  I was baited into a contract and plan that was no longer valid.  I can even remember the associate who sold me the device over the phone telling me that I was lucky to live in a 4G area that I would have unlimited 4G internet.   FYI I got used to HULU and NETFLIX and was using an average 30GB a month!   I quickly canceled my Plan and requested there be NO ETF which was all honored immediately.  The next day I took my mifi device and original sales receipt to a Sprint store to receive a refund which I thought would be no issue.   Boy! was I wrong.   Not only was the associate at the store very un-accomadating but the person she put me on the phone with yelled at me and said that the day prior and error had been made and that I would be receiving no ETF.   I was shocked!!! I said transfer me and she said "no, I am the only person you can talk to regarding this"  I simply hung up and called right back, the next associate I spoke to said she was confused because she could see how the ETF had been canceled and then reinstated the next day!  Wow.... what kind of business is Sprint?   Regarding the refund of the device which I was sold under false pretences.... No final word yet, was reccommed I go to sprint.com/buyback they offered me $8.00, I originally paid $187.31.   I have contacted dan@sprint.com and the Kansas City Better Business Bureau.  This whole experience and this blog which I am now very familiar with is a Night mare.  A bad dream and I just want to wake up.  

Journeyman

Follow Up:

One week later, I was contacted by an executive account services team member. It was concluded that my concern and request was valid.  Account was credited $164.06 for the cost of the device.  FYI I was told by about five different managers that there was NO WAY I was going to get a refund that I should be happy with the $8.00 sprint buy back option.  Persistence pays whent the facts are in your favor. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat