cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 678. The remote computer did not respond

Journeyman

Re: Error 678. The remote computer did not respond

<p>More than likely going to leave sprint because the vender site stopped<br><br>my bonus because I transferred an airave call to the airave support site<br><br>after fixing the phones on the account. So I am deleting my postings.</p><p></p><p></p><div class="message-edit-history"><span class="edit-author">Message Edited by Threestepps on </span><span class="local-date">12-29-2008</span><span class="local-time"> 12:25 PM</span></div>

Journeyman

You're right. I just checked and they defaulted me to the $30 plan when i got the phone last week. i was supposed to get the PAM feature. Wonder if that's an extra $15/month - or one time fee. Thanks for your help.

Journeyman

<div></div><div>if it is the $30<p>BlackBerry Power Vision Data Pack this doesn't include PAM</p><p></p><p>p.s. the connection should show up in control panel, network conenction</p></div><br><br>Message Edited by Kris CS on <span class="date_text">02-15-2008</span> <span class="time_text">12:57 PM</span>

Journeyman

Yes. I have the Blackberry Unlimited DP.

Journeyman

<div>and you have a 39.99 or more bb package?</div>

Highlighted
Journeyman

ok, I tried to find where i could delete the the Sprint PCS Vision connection created by Connection Manager, but could not find this option. I even went to Add/Remove programs, and thought I might be prompted to modify instead of delete - but alas, i could only delete teh Sprint Connection Manager. So please, how do i perform this action (after I re-install it)?<br><br>2. On the next connection attempt it should be recreated.<br><br><br>You also said that if the above isn't the problem, that my Phone as Modem plan is therefore not provisionedSmiley Tonguehone as modem settings wrong on the device: 1. Phone as Modem requires 4.1 version of software. My software running is 4.3. I use a BB Pearl 8130 on the Sprint Network and can't find where I have access to PAM at all.

Journeyman

<font face="Arial, Helvetica" size="2"><p>Can mean either the Phone as Modem plan is not provisioned correctly, the dial up connection is corrupted, or the devices Phone as Modem information is incorrect.</p></font><font face="Arial, Helvetica" size="2"><p>Dial up connection is corrupt:</p><ol><li>Delete the Sprint PCS Vision connection created by Connection Manager.</li><li>On the next connection attempt it should be recreated.</li></ol><p>tri they, if its not it.</p><font face="Arial, Helvetica" size="2"><p>Phone as Modem plan is not provisioned:</p></font><font face="Arial, Helvetica" size="2"><p>Phone as modem settings wrong on the device:</p><ol><li>Phone as Modem requires 4.1 version of software</li></ol></font></font>

Journeyman

Error 678. The remote computer did not respond

Hi - I just installed the Sprint Connection Manager (the most recent download), restarted my computer and hooked up my laptop to my Pearl 8130 - when I tried to 'connect' to the Mobile Broadband network, I get the Error 678 message (the remote computer did not respond). I have no idea where to go with this issue, but i need to utilize my Phone As Modem feature. Please help.<br><br>BTW - i'm using XP, SP2 and the machine is in tip-top shape.