cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOTSPOT 3G/4G USB CONNECTOR LOOSE FROM BOARD

Journeyman

Re: HOTSPOT 3G/4G USB CONNECTOR LOOSE FROM BOARD

Was at Sprint store yesterday to look at OverdrivePro. The USB connector looks to have a wider shell, but its still totally surface mounted, with no support to that plastic body.

Wouldn't take one if they were giving it away !

Unfortunatly they didn't have any mifi's to look at.

Journeyman

After just 7 months of use, the same thing happened to my hotspot. And I only used this device when i need to travel on business, which has only been a handful of times.  I bought the total equipment insurance and was told it that they would replace it for free if anything broke. Guess I should have be more careful listening to the salesperson at the store. Instead, i need to pay $100 to get a replacement...for a manufacturing defect. Thanks for screwing me over Sprint. You have lost a customer for life. I will never recommend your service. Why can't you act more like Apple. Yes, if the customer did abuse they product, fine, charge them...but if your product is defective...you should make it right.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Two things.

Sierra has a year warranty on the overdrive, so you'll have to get a RMA, threaten them thats its a design defect, but they'll replace it after you ship it to Canada.

But if you've been paying insurance, demand satisfaction from Sprint, go up the chain, or a refund of all insurance payments.

If I were retired, might be going after a class action for such sloppy design from Sierra, but I'm not.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat