cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having trouble with Smartview& connections for 598U

Highlighted
Journeyman

Having trouble with Smartview& connections for 598U

I have the lastest program 2.28.0082.0 and firmware for my Sprint 598U I have been able to make Mobile and CDMA connections but have never been able to  make a 3G connection.
Now out of nowhere I can not even able to use the smartview. It keeps knocking me off. I am making direct connections through windows.

When i try to make a 3G cannection I get this error message. "Error connecting to Sprint 3G Modem error code 692 Hardware failure". I get this both through the smartview and windows connect.

I am running windows 7 64 bit amd regor 2.8 gig dual core cpu, 6 gig ddrII memory, a 1 gig PCI-e vid card.

I would be greatful for all help,

C P L

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: Having trouble with Smartview& connections for 598U

Are you still experiencing connection problems?

Journeyman

I have the exact same problems using Smartview.  I also get a few other errors other than just 692.  On top of it, the connection keeps swapping back and forth between evo and 1xrt, and then my VPN connection drops.  Also, the signal strength fluctuates wildly.

Also, the software doesn't close down well.. when it has an error, it seems to stay resident in the background and can't find it to terminate through Task Manager, and it won't restart without a full reboot.

the 598u doesn't give good reception and the Smartview software is too bulky for what it should be doing.

Journeyman

Re: Having trouble with Smartview & connections for 598U

I am still having the same problem with getting a faster connection. I average around 115kbs and top out around 2Mbs if I'm lucky. I have received two PRL updates from Sprint since posting this which have helped some what. when ever I connect with the Smartview it says I am connected at 3G but when checking my task manager or connection manager it tells another story all together being 115kbs and builds up speed slowly during downloads. My computer is very fast and all up to date including the smartview. I still do not know what the problem is.

Thank you for your reply,

C.P.L.

Journeyman

Re: Having trouble with Smartview & connections for 598U

I've pinged the marketing manager on this asking for help. I'll post an update when I have more information to share.

Journeyman

I am experiencing the exact same problems with the Pantech 500 air card.  I did find that you not only have to close Smartview but you have to go to display "hidden icons" on the task bar (the up arrow) and you will see that Smartview is still there.  If you click on exit you should then be able to restart Smartview without rebooting.

Journeyman

As it turns out where I live(35 miles NW of Kansas City Mo.) only has Broadband coverage. I should have triple checked the coverage map before I opted for this service. I do have a really excellent connection and after all the 598U is a "Mobile Broadband card" that claims that it will achieve 3G service. Now I have been to areas that do have 3/4G service and the 598U still performed slower than my basic RR internet service. One area where the 598U does shine is streaming Videos, downloading large files and watching online TV.

Still you would think living so close to a large city there would be 3G service, the city I live in isn't small. It is 37,000 people not counting the army base.  I am just going to wait out my contract and go with another service, or i may buy out my contract. Depends on what tomorrow brings.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat