cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hotspot

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hotspot

How is th Sprint Hotspot working for you?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Journeyman

Its not! Junk, waste of money, don't do it!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just look at the Overdrive posts here and make your own mind up. Lots of unhappy people who are locked in contacts they can't get out of.

Buy a USB stick instead.

Highlighted
Master

The Hotspot and an Overdrive are two totally different animals, The hotspot can be activated as needed you are not locked into a 2yr contract.

Highlighted
Journeyman

i have been a sprint customer for a very long time and i have never had any negative things to say but... now i do! not only have i experinced all the bad reviews, i have one more to add to the list of why one should NOT purchase the "hot spot" device. when i have to take my battery out because it won't turn off or it won't turn on i have must drop it on something because it burns my fingers! i keep it on a piece of ceramic tile just in case it melts to something or the worst. FIRE! the rubber cover that came with it has only been on it one time for the obvious reason. i DO NOT recommend this product!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, I can't say I'm super impressed, but compared to my other option (HughesNet) the Overdrive is like heaven in a pretty plastic box.

It does have some issues with overheating and I've had occasional random drops, but overall it is performing pretty decent.  Works fine to let the kids watch Netflix on the Wii while I do school work on the laptop and the wife is Facebooking on the desktop.

If your in the middle of nowhere like me and you need decent internet on more than one device, this a pretty good way to go I think.  It was a good investment for me and mine so far, but I've only had it three months.  We'll see if it holds up.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I recommend Sprint recall them all and have a huge bonfire! The mifi works great though too bad they discontinued it so they could sell us this hunk of crap! I returned mine and got a MIFI from Verizon. I still have my sprint phone for now... Do yourself a favor and DO NOT BUY IT!!!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat