cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get the Novatel MiFi 2200 to connect to my PS3?? Has anyone been able to do it?? Please Help!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

How can I get the Novatel MiFi 2200 to connect to my PS3?? Has anyone been able to do it?? Please Help!!

I bought the MiFi especially for the PS3 and our 2 laptops, since where we live, we're not permitted to have a phone post, so cable/phone line routers are 100% unavailable where I live.

I've been trying relentlessly to connect my PS3 to the MiFi, but it keeps saying "DNS Error" or that the IP address thing has timed out?

I tried calling Sprint, and they had me try to configure the MiFi and then told me that the problem is with Sony. So I called Sony and they said that a wireless modem/aircard/MiFi DOES NOT work with the PS3.

BUT--I've found a whole bunch of sites saying that they HAVE connected their WiFi(Both from Verizon and Sprint) to the PS3.

My question is this...Has anyone successfully connected their PS3 to the internet using the MiFi from Sprint? And, if you have, PLEASE tell me how how how how how you did it?? haha. I am unbelievably frustrated with this thing!! Please help!!!!!

1 REPLY 1
Journeyman

Re: How can I get the Novatel MiFi 2200 to connect to my PS3?? Has anyone been able to do it?? Please Help!!

i was able to get online with the mifi the only reason why i would guess it would not work is if the ps3 does not get wifi if u have the first generation and its a 20 gb then those do not get wifi. I do experience a bad side also everytime i play madden online it will disconnect me from the game im wondering if there is smething i can do so that wont happen

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat