cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't get my u300 modem drivers to work in xp with a usb 2.0 port

Highlighted
Patron

I can't get my u300 modem drivers to work in xp with a usb 2.0 port

After finally getting my U300 modem to work with my laptop plugged into a usb 1.1 port I upgraded to a newer computer

which has 6 usb 2.0 ports. The only problem is that the wimax network adapter driver won't install in xp,. Once I have the  software installed, I run smartview and then I go into device manager to monitor what's going on. The screen keeps refreshing

every 5 seconds or so. It appears there is a problem with the driver or a resource issue. Has anyone

heard of this problem ? I am sure I am not the only one with this issue. I tried freeing up some devices in windows, but

it didn't help. I tried just about everything I can think of, except re-installing Windows xp. How can a fairly recent pentium 4 pc with new features on it have resource issues with this modem ? Any help would be much appreciated.

UPDATE: 3/6/10

I actually tried to get this modem to work with usb 2.0 on 4 different computers and had the same problem.

Xp detects the modem and the software seems to install correctly, but when i run Smartview that's where the problem

begins. I have Windows xp on 3 different computers, and Windows 7 on my main pc. The problem is the same. Windows pop's a message up about the driver not installing correctly. This is very frustrating. At least I can use the modem on my old pc with usb1.1 for now, but I am paying for this service and it doesn't work correctly. Please help.

Message was edited by: dm2010

LAST UPDATE 3/10/10

Looks like the modem was bad. Sprint sent me a replacement and everything works.

I guess having the same problem with 4 computers pretty much showed it was the modem.

Message was edited by: dm2010

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Patron

Re: I can't get my u300 modem drivers to work in xp with a usb 2.0 port

Bad modem.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat