cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't get the sprint server to accept my e-mails

Highlighted
Patron

I can't get the sprint server to accept my e-mails

I can't get the spring server to accept any of my e-mail's.  Everything was working fine a few days ago and then I started getting this error message no matter who the recipient.

Server responded; sorry, thet domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1). Please check the message recipient and try again.

What do I do?

4 REPLIES 4
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: I can't get the sprint server to accept my e-mails

Hi!

Are you trying to send email through smtp.sprintpcs.com?

What are some of the domains (@example.com) that you are trying to send to?

Thanks - any more info you can provide will help us to troubleshoot the problem.

Will

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Patron

Thank you for your reply:

For what ever reason my e-mail is now working again thru smtp.sprintpcs.com.

Perhaps I rebooted enough times who knows?

The e-mail recipients for my e-mails include, aol.com, yahoo.com and digital-hwy.com.

Perhaps the most irritating was when I call the Sprint tech support I was told that sprint.pcs was no longer in service and hadn't been for a couple of years and that my broadbad service was only for accessing the internet and the person I spoke to didn't see how I could be using a Sprint server for my outgoing e-mail.

In any event things are now working OK but if you have any advice or contacts for any future difficulties i would love to have it at the ready.

Regards

Wins

Sprint Product Ambassador

Great - glad it's working again.

And thank you for the feedback on the Tech Support. I'll reach out to the Care team and ensure the SMTP documentation is up to date for the call centers.

Will

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

I am having a similar problem.  What are the settings to use for the sprint email server?  I was also told by tech support that sprint doesn't have an email server.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat