ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my aircard defective? Seems to be slower than dial up.

Journeyman

Is my aircard defective? Seems to be slower than dial up.

My aircard is constantly losing signal here in Eastern CT usually after about 30 mins of operation.  Have updated profile nearly every day with no improvement in service.  Is it time to try Verizon?

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: Is my aircard defective? Seems to be slower than dial up.

I'm very sorry to hear that you're having speed issues with your device. I'd like to assist you with this issue. Can you please provide the city and state for which you reside? Also, which mobile broadband device do you have and which version of Sprint Smartview do you have? You can find the version of Sprint Smartview, by clicking Help, and About Sprint Smartview from the Smartview window.

Journeyman

I have the same exact problem and I live in Hagerstown, MD and have the overdrive

Journeyman

My aircard is the U301USB Device. Have left the area, Norwich, CT, but did speed tests before I did and download speed was only about 0.09 Mbps.  (I think I have the units right.)  Tried it here in Gadsden AL and it was about .4 Mbps.  My guess is that the tower up there is just not putting out enough signal strength.

Highlighted
Journeyman

ALEAYAHBOO!,

Sorry for the delayed response…. I’ve looked at your location city/state, and found a postal code of 21742 using Google. Is this zip close to you? We did have an EVDO data outage in the area, which could have been causing the issue. I show it has been closed however. Are you still experiencing the issue? If you want, send your zip code in a personal message so I can get more accurate information.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat