ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is port 25 being blocked on the sierra wireless 597?

Journeyman

Is port 25 being blocked on the sierra wireless 597?

My outbound email suddenly quit working just over a month ago. My host said a lot of the ISP have started blocking port 25.  I updated the 597 software after this started happening. No help.   Any thoughts?

2 REPLIES 2
Master

Re: Is port 25 being blocked on the sierra wireless 597?

Port 25 is not being blocked..Just delete the entire email a/c and reset up the  email a/c.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Is port 25 being blocked on the sierra wireless 597?

Cgsharon,

Sprint does not block port 25 on our connection card devices. Port 25 is commonly used by your email provider which allows you use to send emails through their mail server. The issue with this is that if you’re not connected to your ISP’s modem, (DSL/Cable) you may not able to send mail through your ISP’s mail server while connected to Sprint since it’s a different network. This is very common with Cable Companies (Cox, Verizon, Time Warner, and Road Runner). If you access Sprint.com, you can activate your SMTP (port 25) server address (sprint’s) to be able to send mail since your ISP/email provider is now blocking that port.

Thanks,

reesethegeek

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat