cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Know what GPS local search capability you have on the Novatel Wireless MiFi 2200

Highlighted
Journeyman

Know what GPS local search capability you have on the Novatel Wireless MiFi 2200

Hello,

I am a little confused about the GPS feature on the mifi device. Does the GPS feature work the same way that my Sprint Navigation works on my HTC SNAP Smartphone? If I enable this feature, will it use my alloted megabites per month? I am assuming that this is being used when you are lost? Has any user enabled this and found it more helpful than the apps on your smartphone? Many thanks, Caroline

1 REPLY 1
Journeyman

Re: Know what GPS local search capability you have on the Novatel Wireless MiFi 2200

Hi Caroline;

I have enabled the GPS on my Mifi card.  What I've learned:  I accessed this feature through my laptop computer mounted in my truck.  There don't seem to be any apps associated with this feature for the Mifi card.  The only thing I was able to do was search for nearest (search options are limited to; banks, hotels, gas stations, Sprint stores, etc.,) and linked the search option to Google's maps.  hitting the search button opens a new window with Google maps with arrows pointing to the various search results on the maps.  There are no turn by turn directions, no follow me feature, but Google will give you a list of directions to get to the search point you click onto on Google maps.  Perhaps with some paid for, maps program you might be able to utilize the gps feature on the Mifi more fully.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat