cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Know whether the GPS feature of the 598U by Sierra Wireless is compatible with other navigation software

Highlighted
Journeyman

Know whether the GPS feature of the 598U by Sierra Wireless is compatible with other navigation software

Has anyone used this with Delorme StreetAtlas products? I can't seem to get it to work

1 REPLY 1
Journeyman

Re: Know whether the GPS feature of the 598U by Sierra Wireless is compatible with other navigation software

It should be compatible with just about any 3rd party gps software.  Just go to tools - settings - location/gps tab.  Note what com port the NMEA is on.  For example, let's say it shows COM 6.  You'll need to go into your map prog (Delorme, Streets & Trips, etc) and configure the gps to use that COM port.  That should be all the configuring you need to do.

You can also select between basic and autonomous.  Basic will use AGPS (uses the towers to help obtain a faster fix) or autonomous (uses strictly gps radio signals).  AGPS, of course, you'll have to have a wireless signal.  Autonomous you can use regardless.  Premium, I have never seen used before.

Let me know how this goes!

GD

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat