cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Know which operating systems work with your 598U by Sierra Wireless

Highlighted
Journeyman

Know which operating systems work with your 598U by Sierra Wireless

I am getting ready to do a clean install of windows 7 Premium om my computer on Nov. 7th. I did beta test this OS and did not have any trouble with the Win. 7 Ultimate 7 RC and using my 598U Sierra Wireless. However I do know after Beta testing Vista, I do know that there are changes made from the Betas and the finshed product. I guess what I am asking is anyone having trouble using thier 598U wireless after installing windows 7?

Thanx,

C. Lucas

Tags (4)
2 REPLIES 2
Master

Re: Know which operating systems work with your 598U by Sierra Wireless

The 598U is supported under Windows 7 the same as it was in Windows Vista. Just make sure you are using the SmartView 2.27 software version (the latest currently).

This has been covered in previous threads as well. The only card that seems to have common issues in Windows 7 is the U300 and that is a whole different story, related to the 4G network drivers.

Journeyman

Re: Know which operating systems work with your 598U by Sierra Wireless

Thank you for the quik responce. I knew it worked with win 7 rc beta 64 bit.  I already have the 2.27 downloaded and am running is on this Vista computer and have it on a jump drive ready for next week. Just needed to make sure there wasn't any major changes made since the release of the finished product.

Thanks again,

C.P. Lucas

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat