cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock Smartview software settings across all users

Journeyman

Here's what I got.  Using Smartview 2.25.46.0 on over 300 laptops currently in the field.  When I setup Smartview under the admin account, all users get the same settings. (such as NDIS and autoconnect).  Any users that log into the machine have the same network connection setup and running.  They NEVER have to touch the Sprint Smartview software.  So, I'm now prepping an additional 200 laptops and am using the latest software (ver 2.50) downloaded from the Sprint download website.  Sets up the same however when I log on as a normal user I get the "DEFAULT" settings of NDIS not checked and autoconnect also not checked.  So the users will have to go into Smartview and setup some settings.  This is not acceptable.  These are car mounted devices and we can have over 200 different users on each machine over the period of a year. 

Question.  Is there a registry hack that will lockdown these settings?  Or is there install switch to do this same thing?  I dont want to have to train over 1100 people to adjust their Smartview settings on every machine they use in the field.  These people are not technology people and I want to keep it as simple as possible for them.  Also, I have no desire to fix all the problems they will cause because some will try to fiddle with thier settings.  Any leads, anyone?

1 REPLY 1
Master

This might seem like an odd post to this - but I suggest you may want to post on the forums at sprintusers.com - It is not a Sprint site but you may get the person you are needing there and be able to remedy your issue.  Have you contacted your business consultant for them to look for an answer on the business services side?

Just a few ideas - no answers - sorry

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat