cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MiFi® 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot by Novatel Wireless (4082) Windows Driver??

Journeyman

Where is the windows driver for the

MiFi® 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot by Novatel Wireless (Mifi 4082 / overdrive pro)

?

It's NOWHERE on the sprint website or the novatel wireless website.  Somebody from sprint, please advise.

5 REPLIES 5
Master

I haven't tried this but according to the support info --

The MiFi is set up to auto install the Novatel drivers required when tethered via USB to Mac or Windows based laptop computers.

If this is not the case please reply and I will try to contact someone for an update on this info. 

Larry

Journeyman

This didn't happen on any computer I plugged it into.

On my laptop, I had to navigate to the drive myself and click the install.bat file to initiate it.  On that computer now, the drive never shows up.  Instead it is two drives that contain no files, and it says "insert removeable media" when clicked.  I assume this is because I already have the drivers installed on that laptop.... although:

On my desktop, I plugged this in for the first time, and Windows continually tried (and failed) to install the drivers automatically.  I then tried to navigate to the drive again to do what I did last time.  Low and behold, it was not there (only those 2 asking me to insert media).  My desktop does not have wireless, so I HAVE to get drivers installed on that if I want to tether via USB. 

Because of the totally unpredicible nature of this device that I've experienced so far (read my other threads), I think it is totally unaccetable that drivers are not available for download.  In fact, becase they are not, I can't get this to work on my desktop at all.

Master

I have your driver - it is a huge 6mb file - private message me with an email address that will accept that size file

file name is nvtdriverall_v2.03.16.203.rar   just in case you find it somewhere else.

I don't have a place to host it -

Journeyman

Why isn't someone from Sprint responding to this?   Heeelllooo Sprint ??????

Journeyman

I had a similar problem (USB drivers autoinstall on one laptop but do not do so on another laptop).

Here are the drivers I used to solve the problem:

http://shop2.sprint.com/en/software_downloads/mobile_broadband/mifi_3g_4g_mobile_hotspot.shtml

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat