cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mifi 2200 won't connect anymore

Journeyman

Mifi 2200 won't connect anymore

I recently purchased a Mifi 2200 from Radioshack and they also helped set my account up.

The night I purchased it I was using it fine, there were no problems connecting whatsoever. When I finished using it I turned it off and went to bed. But today I turned it on and now it will not access the internet.

I open up 192.168.1.1 and try to connect through there but it just keeps disconnecting. The IP Address, Mask, Gateway, and DNS are all 0s even though I have it set to automatically obtain them. Also at the top it switches between EvDO Rev.0 and EvDO Rev.A and then finally gets stuck on 1xRTT if that is important information. The LED that shows connectivity is a solid green which according to the manual means it is connected but isn't transmitting or receiving data. The device is activated and still has plenty of data usage until the next billing period. I am using it wirelessly. I am also using Windows 7 if that makes a difference.

I've tried ipconfig /release, renew, and flushdns but that about covers my network troubleshooting abilities. I've also tried resetting it to factory defaults but that didn't seem to help either.

If anyone has any clue as to why it worked perfectly fine the first day but not at all now I would really like to know.

Thanks in advance to any and all help.

11 REPLIES 11
Journeyman

Re: Mifi 2200 won't connect anymore

Bump

Wizard

On the off chance that the firmware isn't current, please run through these steps and ensure your device is on version 142.

To find the current firmware version on your MiFi 2200:

1. Open  the Browser Interface, by typing http://192.168.1.1 into the address window of your web browser
  2. Type the  administrative password (admin) into the login box in the upper  right corner
  3. Select Login
  4. From the Main Menu  Bar, select WWAN
  5. Select Diagnostics
  6. The  firmware version will be under the WWAN Modem section.

Journeyman

It says version 133, and when I try to update it, it fails every time.

Wizard

Are these the steps you used to try to upgrade?

To update your MiFi 2200 over the air:

1. Open the Browser  Interface, by typing http://192.168.1.1 into the address window of your web browser
  2. Type the  administrative password (admin) into the login box in the upper  right corner
  3. Select Login
  4. From the Main Menu  Bar, select WWAN
  5. Select Configuration
  6. Select  Update Firmware
Journeyman

Yes, I just power cycled it and now it hasn't failed yet, it is still in the process of loading though as we speak, it might work this time. *crosses fingers*

Wizard

Fingers crossedSmiley Happy.  Please post your outcome...I'm curious and it may help others.

Journeyman

Should it be taking this long? It's been over an hour, and I don't really understand how it can update when it has no internet access

Journeyman

It's been about 3 hours now so I'm assuming this isn't working. There isn't anywhere I can download the firmware to a flash drive? Or would that even work?

Journeyman

Bump for today

Journeyman

Anyone?

Wizard

Sorry you're still having problems.  I'd take it to a Sprint Service and Repair store and have them perform the update and check it for you. You can find the nearest store at this link -    http://storelocator.sprint.com

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat