cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Broadband Cards under Mac OS 10.5 (Leopard)

Journeyman

Mobile Broadband Cards under Mac OS 10.5 (Leopard)

Is anyone aware of any of Sprint mobile broadband access cards working fine under Mac OS X 10.5 (i.e. Leopard)?

I've tried the Novatel Ovation U727, and this one does not work under 10.5 (Sprint's techsupport has admitted to problems with this OS). Is there anything out there that I could use in Leopard?

2 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Mobile Broadband Cards under Mac OS 10.5 (Leopard)

I purchased a Sierra Wireless AirCard 595U on Monday night. Plugged it in to my MacPowerbook 2.4 with OS X 10.5 and it Just Worked (tm). I have had one oddity where the wireless connection would connect then diconnect 4 seconds later. I rebooted my system and it has been fine since. Color me happy, so far. PS You might want to check out http://www.evdoforums.com for more information. Colin

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Mobile Broadband Cards under Mac OS 10.5 (Leopard)

I can confirm that Sierra Wireless AirCard 597E (PC Express) card and software that comes with it work fine on a Mac Book Pro running Mac OS 10.5 (i.e. Leopard). There have been one crash of the software on the first day, but it has been working flawlessly since.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.