cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My U300 Needs Re-activation Each Time SmartView is Started

Highlighted
Journeyman

My U300 Needs Re-activation Each Time SmartView is Started

My U300's Tools > Activate Device... command is un-ghosted each time I startup the modem (after system reboot, etc.).  Until I select this command (and endure time needed to perform this command) I cannot use any of the applications (e.g., Coverage Maps, Test Connection Speed, etc.).  Does anyone know the cause and remedy for this problem?  Shouldn't activation only be needed after inital install of SV software and drivers?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Journeyman

Hmmm.  Normally an activation is only triggered if the device is reset.  In order to reset the device you have to have the MSL and go through a process.  What OS are you running (xp, vista, win 7)?  Also, in Smartview, click on "help" and choose "about Sprint Smartview".  What version does it say you're running?

Also, if you can PM me the ESN HEX from the backside of the card (should be 3BXXXX), I can check if the provisioning server is actually forcing these updates, which it shouldn't be.

GD

Highlighted
Journeyman

> What OS are you running (xp, vista, win 7)?

Windows 7

> What version does it say you're running?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I beginning to believe that this problem is a bug in the current version of SmartView software.  This problem seems to occur only when the modem is started with WiMax as the default, initial connection.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat