cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NETGEAR 341U - BSOD on Shut down

Highlighted
Journeyman

NETGEAR 341U - BSOD on Shut down

If I try to shut down my computer with the NETGEAR 241U plugged in, it almost always hangs for a long time, finally resulting in a BSOD.

The system log contains:  'The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.  The bugcheck was: 0x0000009f (0x0000000000000003, 0xfffffa80111669e0, 0xfffff80000b9c3d8, 0xfffffa801323e010).'

Running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.  There are no problems if I unplug the USB adapter before shutting down, but I don't alway remember to do so.

Apparently, the driver is failing to properly unload during the shutdown process.

Are there any steps I can take to eliminate the BSOD on shutdown?

14 REPLIES 14
Master

Re: NETGEAR 341U - BSOD on Shut down

HawkInOz, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I have forwarded your feedback to our device experts to further review for any issues.  

Dania

Social Care

Journeyman

It has been a week now.  How long should I expect to have to wait before hearing from the "device experts" on this issue?  Thank you.

Master

HawkInOz, 

Thank you for responding. I am sorry for the wait we have not heard anything yet on this issue. Is this something that happens only when you shut down and the Netgear 341U is plugged in correct? Are there any programs that are running in the background when you are shutting down that could be still trying to access the internet? I am thinking there could be a cross with the shut down and any application that could be running. Please let us know. 

Thank you, 

Anthony 

Social Care Team 

Journeyman

No, there are no other programs running in the background.  I always close everything before shutting down - that's been a habit for years.  Keeps it clean and - for the most part - error free.  Even if there were anything utilizing the connection, the driver should be constructed well enough to unload when notified that the system is shutting down, and not cause a BSOD each time.  If the 341U is plugged in, I almost always get a BSOD on shut down.  When it is unplugged, I never do.  Doesn't seem to matter if it is plugged into a USB2 or USB3 port either.  The bad behavior on shut down occurs with both.

Master

HawkInOz,

Do a device rest by gogin to the Net manager home page

Settings - General - Software and Rest under settings and reset click Rest then begin reset.

Let me know if this helps.

Thank you,

*Paida

Journeyman

Paida,

There is no "Device Reset" on that page, but there are THREE other 'Reset' options:

1. Factory Reset
  2. Settings Reset
  3. Clear Programming Reset

Which one are you suggesting I try?  If more than one, then please specify the order in which they should be tried.

Thank you.

Master

HawkInOz,

Thank you for the response, if you can, please try doing a factory reset to see if it helps correct this issue. Going forward we do recommend removing the device before shutting down to help avoid this issue. Thank you. 

Charles G. 

Sprint Social Care Team 

Journeyman

Unfortunately, I could not do a Factory Reset.  When I click the "Reset" button, it states "Please enter the MSL code to continue".  I couldn't find this code anywhere in the provided documentation.

Master

HawkInOz, 

Thanks for getting back with us. I would be happy to provide you with the MSL, so that a factory reset can be performed. I will need to access your account for this information. Please send a private message to "sprintcare" and include your account name, phone number for the modem, security pin, and a link to this thread. We look forward to working with you. 

Regards, 

Duane 

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Sent.

Journeyman

Unfortunately, after performing the requested Factory Reset, the results on shut down were identical.  After a very long delay, the following bugcheck / BlueScreen resulted:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.  The bugcheck was: 0x0000009f (0x0000000000000003, 0xfffffa800f4de9e0, 0xfffff80000b9c3d8, 0xfffffa80138d57a0). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 022414-25318-01.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:                        BlueScreen

OS Version:                                          6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID:                                             1033

Additional information about the problem:

BCCode:                                               9f

BCP1:                                                    0000000000000003

BCP2:                                                    FFFFFA800F4DE9E0

BCP3:                                                    FFFFF80000B9C3D8

BCP4:                                                    FFFFFA80138D57A0

OS Version:                                          6_1_7601

Service Pack:                                       1_0

Product:                                               256_1

Files that help describe the problem:

C:\Windows\Minidump\022414-25318-01.dmp

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat