cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NETGEAR 341U - Blue Screen on Shut down

Highlighted
Journeyman

NETGEAR 341U - Blue Screen on Shut down

If I try to shut down my computer with the NETGEAR 241U plugged in, it almost always hangs for a long time, finally resulting in a blue screen.

The system log contains:  'The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.  The bugcheck was: 0x0000009f (0x0000000000000003, 0xfffffa80111669e0, 0xfffff80000b9c3d8, 0xfffffa801323e010).'

Running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.  There are no problems if I unplug the USB adapter before shutting down, but I don't alway remember to do so.

Apparently, the driver is failing to properly unload during the shutdown process.  Is anybody else experiencing a similar issue?

3 REPLIES 3
Master

Re: NETGEAR 341U - Blue Screen on Shut down

HawkinOz,

Thank you for the reply. I'm sorry to hear that you're having this issue.  The device uses GPS for access to location based services and if that is still running it may take time to disconnect.  It is suggested to shut the system down and all corresponding programs or unplug the adapter before shutting down to avoid this (I know this is easy to forget but it may save you quite a bit of time each time you want to log off and shutdown).  Thank you.

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care Team

Michael C.

Journeyman

GPS has been disabled on the device since day one, so that is not contributing to the problem.  What would really be helpful here is a driver that "plays nice" with the operating system and doesn't require manual removal of the device to avoid a bugcheck on shutdown.

Master

HawkinOz,

Thank you for getting back to us. We will certainly pass this feedback along.

Jen R

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat