cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No U300 Card Support on Mac.

Patron

No U300 Card Support on Mac.

Just letting you all know I have tried every which way to get my U300 to work on my mac.  Sometimes it works in Parallels 5 with XP, but I cannot get the connection to push out to the mac side, it only stays in windows. 

Clears connection manager does not work as well on the mac side.  The card is not even recognized by the software.

Boot camp does work, but only with .27 version of SSV

Does anybody have an ETA for native mac support? Kind of ridiculous that this modem would come out with out any.

73 REPLIES 73
Journeyman

Re: No U300 Card Support on Mac.

No eta officially for MAC support.  Some people have reported being able to connect via the clear connection manager here .  From the MAC users I've talked to, it's hit or miss.  As far as I know, we're waiting on a drivers from C-Motech (3g modem) and Beceem (4g WiMax).  There is a possibility that SSV 2.28 will include the driver.  If all checks out with testing, I'm hoping to see 2.28 sometime this month.  I'll do my best to pry a firm release date out of them when one become available.  Hang in there!

GD

Patron

Feel free to let us beta test if you can get a hold of it.

Thanks for the info!

Journeyman

Indeed.  If I manage to get ahold of some Mac drivers for the U300, I'll pass them along and let you guys test them out!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Please include me if you get the drivers...I am eager to use my U300 on my primary system (Mac).

Thanks!

Journeyman

I would love to find some Mac drivers as well . Just got the card and had no idea it didn't work with Mac.

Wish they might have asked at the store. Any info would be great, otherwise will need to return the card.

Thanks

Wm

Patron

any update on some sort of mac support?

Journeyman

Nothing has been announced, at least not to me, regarding MAC support.  I'll see if I can get my hands on a mac and see if I can patch clear's connection manager to work, like I did for the Windows users.  If you're able to get all the way connected to the 4G with clear's manager, but can't get past the clear signup page, I can probably fix that issue rather quickly I hope.  If you can get that far, you're really close.  We just need to tell the card to route through Sprint instead of Clearwire.  Sounds simple enough, we'll see if it is...

I'll keep you guys updated!

GD

Patron

thanks GD.. any help is appreciated as usual..

There is also the inherent  problem of the card not being recognized by clear when it is plugged in...

Journeyman

Please keep me informed as well on the U300 and mac drivers. Was able to connect to the 3g service using Windows thru Parallels, and can connect to the 4G servce as well, but once conntected to the 4g service, my browser gets redirected to https://4gaccess.sprint.com/?macaddress=(my card info). Web page loads sprint pictures, yet the name of the web page is ClearWire 4g servce......Bottom line, can connect to 3g with the U300, and activaton information is not recognized when you connect on the 4g service.... any ideas?? All on windows thur Parallels on my mac.....

Journeyman

@JebS

Yeah, that's what people were hitting on Windows if they just downloaded the connection manager from Clear, instead of the patched version I setup.  What it's doing is since you're using the clear connection manager, it thinks you must be a clear customer.  So, it compares your MAC address to Clear's list of authorized users and your MAC isn't listed.  There are two different databases, one for Sprint and one for Clearwire, even though Sprint owns Clearwire.  I'm sure they did this to prevent the two from getting mixed up.

So, it will work, we just have to find the file that controls which authentication database it uses and change it to Sprint.  This would at least give you a round-about way to access 4g until a Mac client is officially released for this card.  Assuming it works the same way as the Windows version, the file you're looking for is WimaxCarrier.xml.rc4 or just WimaxCarrier.xml.  If you're feeling adventurous and want to try, I would start by looking in the directory that the program is actually installed to.  I don't have access to a Mac at the moment, but if you can find the file, I can probably figure out a fix.

Journeyman

I am currently using the SprintSmartVeiw to access the 4g in WindowsXP using Paralles on my Mac. While the first window that my browser defaults to is a Sprint site, its name say ClearView. I will look into the files you mentioned and see what I can find. Since I installed everything on the windows side of my mac (using Paralles) I am sure the files your talking about would be in the program file in Windows right? I will search my mac to and see if I can find anything associated with the Sprint program that I installed in windows, but the two OS are separate. Thanks for your fast response.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat