cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No U300 Card Support on Mac.

Journeyman

Re: No U300 Card Support on Mac.

So I downloaded from Clear the connection manager, the mac program, installed it and for the first 30 min was able to connect on the 4g with Clear on my Sprint 4g service totally on my mac. But then of course, it sent me to the activation page, and now loads that page by default. I was able to find the file you mentioned earlier, WimaxCarrier.xml.rc4....... so if you want to see if you can do a fix on it, let me know... file is attached.

Thanks.... Jeb

Journeyman

Please let us know if you find a way to make this work. I have until the 1st to return my Sierra Wireless ExpressCard and I'd much rather have the U300 when WiMax finally is deployed in my area instead of having to buy a new card in a year. I wish Sprint would honor Clear's 3G unlimited data without capping @ 5GB but thats for another day.

Journeyman

FWIW, I installed the Clear Connection Manager on OS 10.6, but the manager shows "no device available" when I plug the U300 into my MacBook. For now, I'll continue to use the U300 from my Windows 7 VM, but I'll watch this thread with bated breath

Patron

Thanks for letting us know you are also waiting, There are plenty out there.  We all are waiting for an answer.

C

Journeyman

Hi Alltonen - I am running xp on my mac with Parallels Desktop and cannot connect to 4g on even XP...... the windows 7 you are running, is that on your mac using an application that installed 7 on your mac like Parallels...or is it on a pc...thanks

Jeb

Journeyman

I am running Windows 7 Professional in a VMware Fusion VM. To connect to Sprint, I simply plugged in the U300, let Windows Update download/install the drivers for the modem, and then created a dial-up connection to #777. I find this manual method is much faster than using the Sprint software, but I realize I am missing out on some features (firmware updates, GPS, etc.).

Journeyman

Very similar to what I am doing on Parallels....Just be careful...you are probably not connected to the 4g service, and therefore limited to a 5g/month download with the 3g. Sprint tried to stick me with $600 of overage on the 3g. Cannot wait till this is fixed for I so want the 4g. Jeb

Patron

any update available?  dont know if anybody got any info from sprint or did some work to make it work?

Journeyman

Word on the street is that Franklin is releasing a U301 soon for Wimax/Evdo and it will replace the U300. I've seen a few references to the U301 offering Mac support. Franklin certainly has a mucher lower quality product and support than Sierra, Novatel, etc....

But, this going a year without a driver is hard to believe. Clear's web site still shows, "Mac OS X coming soon" for the U300. Franklin's web site actually listed, "XP/Vista/OS X" support for a few weeks under the CMU-300, but they've since removed it. Surely, one of the Sprint techs can ask the guys that build Sprintview for Mac if they're working on it?

Journeyman

I would be really curious if they would allow us to exchange for the U301 when available. I have only had my U300 for 30+ days , can't use it

no one bothered to let me know in the store it's PC only.

Wm

Journeyman

I seriously doubt  it but if you always can speak to someone in retentions who might assist you. I just went over 30 days with the Sierra Wireless 402 HOPING that the U300 would be Mac compatible by now. I'm just going to wait until the contract is up unless another carrier gets a 4G technology here quicker. ETF+new device may be cheaper than a new Sprint device off contract price.

Patron

I am wondering the same thing.  For being a 14+ year customer, this kinda takes the cake.  I/We have been MORE than patient about this, especially when it is shown that all across the country people are buying this card either being told or under the assumption that it will have mac support like ALL cards sprint has sold for the past year, 2 years +

If and when this new card comes out, I think it is imperative to demand sprint replace the U300 with the new card.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat