cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No U300 Card Support on Mac.

Journeyman

Re: No U300 Card Support on Mac.

This is great to hear!! Supporting the latest Windows and Mac OSs will definitely enhance the customer experience.

Journeyman

Jeb,

This is much better news .. would love to take advantage of the 4G in my area.

WmRobbins

Journeyman

For those of you waiting on the U301 to release, it has!  The Sierra Overdrive was released as well.  It's basically a router with 3g/4g built in.

Journeyman

Goovedaddy, you are on it!  Here are some of the details and a linkhttp://nextelonline.nextel.com/NASApp/onlinestore/en/Action/DisplayPhones?.

The U301 is 3G/4G capable, w/SSV 2.28, supports the latest Windows and Mac OSs, enhanced CDMA & WiMAX chipsets. Improved performance over the functionality of the U300

Journeyman

Well, I'm posting this from my Macbook Pro, U301 on 4G! Good riddance U300.

Only complaint, they switched the horizontal direction so in order to plug into the left side USB slots, the Sprint logo faces the inside and the serial number/manufacturer information faces the outside. The logo is backlit too like a MBP Apple too.

Patron

First off... BIG thanks to GrooveDaddy for all his hard work and dedication... props!

So I went and got the Overdrive..works great.  Service is sometimes spotty in chicago but otherwise a great little device.

As far as returning the U300, the store worked it out where they cancelled my line, and upped a new line.  My only concession was the 2 months of services I had accrued, were tossed out the window.  I figured it was a pretty fair deal.

If you have questions about how to get out of the U300, call retentions and they will help you.

THANKS ALL!

(thread closed?)

Journeyman

The Overdrive's a good idea too!  I'm still waiting on them to get a demo unit here to play with.  There's also always the PHS300S hotspot router.  I picked one up the other day to play with.  Very nice device.  Since tuning in a 4g signal can sometimes be like tuning in a TV channel, the router option gives you the ability to locate the card in an area in which the signal is best.

The U300 may yet get Mac drivers, but the U301 or Sierra Overdrive is the immediate solution!

Journeyman

Careful though. The PHS300 does NOT work with the U301.

Journeyman

@jeffery

True enough and good catch!  I'm sure they'll be adding support soon enough.  Cradlepoint's usually pretty good about that.

Journeyman

Get a wireless router from CradlePoint I got mine from here http://www.3gstore.com/cradlepoint you will save alot of time and headaches.  You will be able to use your U300 and be able to connect with your mac

Journeyman

GD,

What about use u301 users, still using power pc?  I have a powerbook g4

I have a intel mac mini.   And 2 weeks ago while i was testing speeds,  they were horrilbe with 4g.

Earlier that day I used the same card, at work on a windows 7 base laptop and I was geting 3500-4000 mbs down and 1000 mbs up.

at home,  even when connected to 4g, i was only getting 3g throughput.

Also,  cradlepoint just added the PHS300 support, but they are so far neglecting MBR1000 users.   I have both routers.  One in the car and work,  and the mbr1000 @ home.

I was frustrated and just went to bed.  And I haven't had time to test it more since.

Journeyman

Ok  so I d/l the newer 2.28 smartview and looked into what's in the package contents.

under resources you find a installer program called Franklin Wireless KEXT Installer.pkg

Once you install it,  you'll be able to use your u301 with your power pc mac like i stil have.

Network.  CMOTech comes up.->  Then type in #777 for the Tele number  ->  Advanced options ->  Vendor Franklin->  change dial mode to ignore dial tone.

I'm up and running on the 3g network only.  My powerbook is a G4 1.5 ghz 768mb ram.  running Leopard 10.5.8

I'm hoping with the help of GD,  He might figure out a way for it to switch to the 4g network.

It just turns me off when someone quickly dismiss things says it can't be done!  I say find one else smarter!

I work near TI, in stafford,tx.  They'll come in for something we don't sell.   And their attitude is, " If it doesn't exist,  we'll just make it!"

Message was edited by: lkwan78

Message was edited by: lkwan78

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat