I have just recently started having issues with my Ovation U720. When I plug the device into the USB port the green solid light comes on however the message on the screen says no device found. Is it my data card? What can I do to resovle this issue?
I thought it was a fluke and we are now on day 3 of no device!!!
No device detected //
First try alternate USB ports making sure to allow operating systems like Vista and Windows 7 time to accept the change. I've seen Vista take up to 2mins to report the change to Sprint SmartView or SSV, meanwhile the user has unplugged the card thinking nothing was going to happen.
Second, If you have lights on the card, primarily green, then the card IS booting properly, and you could try to manually connect from the dialer that will be in "network connections". For XP, network connections is one of the icons in control panel when in classic view. For Vista and 7, use the search field in your start button and type "network connections" to open it. You should see a "dial-up" section, with dialers like "mobile broadband" or "3G" or "CDMA", right click and choose "connect" . If it connects successfully, try and surf the web. If it doesn't connect or errors, try one of the other dialers, there should be more than one. NOTE: this is a work around and takes Smartview out of the equation. The upside is it may work just fine for surfing the internet, the downside is you wont have access to certain settings in Smartview like GPS, roaming, firmware updates, etc.
If all this fails, you will need to uninstall SSV and re-install. You can try removing SSV and use your CD to reinstall, but it will install a pretty old version of our connection manager which could be actually causing the problem. If you have an alternate internet connection, you can download the latest version from http://sprint.com/downloads . If you don't have an alternate internet connection, you can use a flash USB drive on someone else's computer to download and save the exe file to, and bring it to your computer to install. The instuctions below are for an alternate internet connection.
1) Download the new software from http://www.sprint.com/downloads- select Mobile Broadband Devices – select the link for connection card make/model – select Sprint SmartView for Windows – select “More details” – select the “Download” link – choose the option to “Save” the file – if prompted choose the Desktop as the location to save the file
2) Remove the connection card from the computer and do not reinsert until instructed
3) Remove the Sprint SmartView/Connection Manager/Mobile Broadband software:
o Start - Control Panel - Add or Remove Programs - In the Currently installed programs box click on the Sprint SmartView/Mobile Broadband program – click Remove - If you are prompted to confirm the removal of the program click Yes - wait for the software to completely uninstall – Restart the computer
o Start – Control Panel – Uninstall a program – Classic View (left side) – Programs and Features – click on the Sprint SmartView/Mobile Broadband program – click Uninstall in the toolbar – say Yes to uninstall if prompted – wait for the software to completely uninstall – Restart the computer
4) Install the Sprint SmartView/Connection Manager/Mobile Broadband software:
· Double-click/Launch the Sprint SmartView software that was previously downloaded and saved to the desktop in step 1 – allow the software to completely install by clicking next and finish as prompted - Restart the computer
5) Open the Sprint SmartView software that was installed in step 4 and wait for the status icon on the Mobile Broadband tab to prompt to “Please Insert Device”
Insert the connection card – wait for all the new hardware bubbles to completely install and recognize the device – confirm the Sprint SmartView software is on the Mobile Broadband tab and has a “Ready” or “Disconnected” status – select “Connect” or “Go” – once status shows “Connected” attempt to browse the web by launching Internet Explorer