cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overdrive DNS problems or Sprint network problems?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Overdrive DNS problems or Sprint network problems?

Starting this morning, my Overdrive was no longer able to pass DNS requests from connected devices.  The devices were all showing as connected to the Overdrive but nothing could access the Internet.  When I added DNS servers to the devices directly, connectivity to the Internet was restored.  Anyone else having this problem?  Is it something broken with the Overdrive, or is it something broken on the Sprint network?

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: Overdrive DNS problems or Sprint network problems?

Hi...I'm having the same problem with my little broadband modem...not an Overdrive, but definitely the same problem.  When you said you added the DNS servers to the device...how did you go about that?  I'd love to know...mine says it's connected too, but cannot actually connect.  When I diagnose and repair, it tells me that the ping to the DNS servers was not returned.  If I don't hear from you, I'll ring Sprint...but I hope I hear from you!  Thanks!  N.

Patron

i have this problem too.

Journeyman

The settings for DNS on the Overdrive are in the Advanced Settings under the Router Tab.  When I did this I changed the DNS mode from automatic to manual and then entered in the settings for OpenDNS.  While this fixed the problem, I later figured out that I could also fix the problem by powering down the device and removing the battery for about 30 seconds.  I think the router was hanging and the DNS service stopped working when I was having problems before.

Journeyman

I just posted this above, but I was able to fix my DNS by powering down and removing the battery.  After restarting the device, the router (including the DNS service) worked fine.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat