cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overdrive Not Charging

Journeyman

Overdrive Not Charging

I recently bought the Overdrive firmaware updated to latest. It will not charge connected to USB or Power plug while on and working (connected to net). It will only charge when I am disconnected. Anyone else having this problem? Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: Overdrive Not Charging

There have been a couple of firmware updates that were supposed to address the power issue.  What version firmware does your overdrive have?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Firmware 01.07.00

It is now charging with the power cord while I am connected. With the USB it is still not charging correctly. On the Overdrive router home page next to the battery it will say "Charging, 81% remaining" and than after 5-10 minutes the "Charging" disapears and it gives the % remaining and continuously goes down.

Thanks!

Journeyman

I'm having the EXACT same problem, actually. The device is plugged into a power outlet so it charges. Once it's finished charging it simply runs off the battery power, even though it's plugged into the wall. After some time it will run out of battery and shut down.

My solution has been to unplug it from the wall, wait 3 seconds then plug it back in. If I plug it in at 10am it'll work fine until around 4pm. Then I have to unplug and plug it in again and it'll run for the rest of the night.

Also, the device gets VERY hot I notice, especially when charging.

It should maintain 100% charge if it's plugged into the wall. Duh.

My question, is Sierra Wireless handling this? Is there any progress on another firmware update for it? Maybe a setting that I could change?

I did find this at SierraWireless.com: http://www.sierrawireless.com/en/sitecore/content/Sierra%20Wireless/Support/Downloads/AirCard/Mobile...

Any information would be appreciated.

Journeyman

I solved it! Went to SierraWireless.com and found customer support, asked them about this and they told me to take the battery out for 15 seconds then put it back it. It worked!

Now it charges until it gets to 100%, then the power icon shows me 4 bars -- the same thing it was doing before. Only now it still says 100% after 4 hours! Yay! Thanks Sierra Wireless!

(I get the battery power % by going to http://overdrive-6e1/ when I'm connected to my overdrive hotspot)

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat