cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overdrive Pro Maintenance Release

Highlighted
Journeyman

My Overdrive Pro took an update this morning, although I cannot find a change log on Sprint or Sierra's websites. The new version is 01.00.01 (build 021), previous version was 01.00.01 (build 18)

Sprint admins: Shouldn't there be a Maintenance Release blog with details of changes, like most of the other devices have? I would like to know what has changed with this software version.

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Master

http://www.sierrawireless.com/en/sitecore/content/Sierra%20Wireless/Support/Downloads/AirCard/Mobile...

The same build number 021 is in this download from Sierrawireless.com with a release date of 3/11/11/ It's possible that the device you have was manufactured prior to that and didn't have the final "initial release" version.  But we're NOT showing any new maintenance release for the Overdrive Pro at this time. 

Tom

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Overdrive Pro Maintenance Release

The version previously available at the link that you provided was 01.00.01 (build 18), which was updated from 00.17.00_018, which the device ships with. It was only recently changed to build 21, despite the release date of 3/11/11. I should also mention that there's no information available at http://shop2.sprint.com/en/software_downloads/mobile_broadband/index.shtml  for the Overdrive Pro.

Let me know if you can figure out what the difference is between build 18 and build 21. Thanks.

Highlighted
Master

I already asked the device lab regarding the pending MR on the Overdrive Pro, and we still haven't heard anything.  Where on Sierrawireless' website are you seeing the build number for their currently listed software? 

Highlighted
Journeyman

It's in the filename, at the link you provided "ACS802S_1453010_00_01_021_field.bin"

Untitled.png

Highlighted
Journeyman

...and here, on the Device's About Tab...

1123.jpg

Highlighted
Journeyman

Kinda sad when they realized you know more about their product than they do.  This all goes back to what I'm tryin to tell Sprint.  Drop Sierra, drop them like they're hot, cause they're going to sink your 4G ship.

Highlighted
Wizard

Here are the software versions for the device since launch:

3/20/2011

This update offers improvements to 3G battery, 3G Wi-Fi and Idle mode

00.17.00_018

3/20/2011

Initial Release

A new one was just released today for 01.06.01.  You can find info on it in this thread.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for the list of Software version updates. Your list excludes 01.00.01_021. So my original question still stands, what were the changes with the "build 21" release? The update was pushed to devices, the device installed the update yet Sprint isn't even aware of what software is being installed on the devices on their network.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Looks like the software on the Sierra site is outdated.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat