cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overdrive Pro doesn't load all videos

Highlighted
Journeyman

Overdrive Pro doesn't load all videos

I've found that on some sites, videos will not load. I'm wondering if this is due to the streaming acceleration features that Sprint employes on their wireless network. For instance, images are optimized on websites so that they load faster. Has anyone else experience a problem with not being able to watch some streaming videos?

7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

Re: Overdrive Pro doesn't load all videos

This page is an example: http://myscienceacademy.org/2013/02/14/10-inventors-killed-by-their-own-inventions/

All I see is a black spot where the video should be. It never loads.

Journeyman

I feel your pain. I have the new LTE-enabled Tri-Fi from Sierra and have the same issue. I go to a website with an embedded video and it never loads the vid. I switch to a home wi-fi or even a Starbucks connection, and refresh the page, and BAM! It loads. So it is definitely something being enabled/disabled on the Sprint end of things.

Journeyman

Just tried the same thing on my Galaxy Note 2, and surprisingly, had the same problem.

Went to a website with an embedded video, and it loaded just fine on the Starbucks Wi-Fi next door. Switched to the Tri-Fi, reloaded the page on my smartphone, and the page loaded everything but the embedded video. Added a new twist with my phone and switched to a 3G only connection...

The page loaded, but the video STILL DIDN'T when on 3G.

So it may not be so much a Tri-Fi or Overdrive problem, but maybe something on the Sprint network is hindering proper video acceleration for embedded videos.

Wizard

ultraman,

does it just give you a blue box with question mark in it in place of the video?

I noticed an issue with embedded pictures the other day on a GS3. hard reset didn't fix it and it would happen in all browsers not just stock browser.

Journeyman

I get a black box in place of the embedded video.

Doesn't matter the browser, doesn't matter if it is on my PC, Laptop, Tablet or Smartphone. I switch to my regular home connection and the embedded video shows up in all my devices. I switch back to my Sierra Tri-Fi with a great 4G WiMax connection, click refresh, and the embedded vid is gone.

Wizard

gotcha. never mind then. diff issue. def weird.

Journeyman

Yup. All good.

If I had to guess, the blue box with question mark means lack of Flash support.

My issue, I think, is more about how the packets are downloaded over the 3G/WiMax connection - hopefully the coming LTE won't have the same issue.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat