cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overdrive difficult to turn on

Journeyman

Overdrive difficult to turn on

I've had my Overdrive for about a month and a half.  When it's plugged in, I have no problems with it, and it provides excellent wi-fi service.

However, when it's unplugged, I have a lot of difficulty getting it to turn on.  I press the power button, it says "Sprint" (sometimes), then "Overdrive 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot" for a few seconds, then goes off again.  Sometimes even displays the busy bar, as if it's connecting.  Then it just turns off.  Sometimes even says "powering off".

Resetting sometimes, but usually doesn't, help.

Rarely does it turn on and connect as it should.

This is in the exact same location where it works fine when plugged in, so it's not a variation in 4G signal.

Are others having problems turning their Overdrive on, or is my unit possibly defective?

Software version is 1.07.00.  4G Firmware version 5.2.7.2.

1 REPLY 1
Journeyman

Re: Overdrive difficult to turn on

I have the exact same problem. Have been wondering for awhile if it were software or hardware issue. Got a replacement overdrive shipped to me - same problem remains. It must be a software issue.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat