cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overdrive hotspot problem

Journeyman

My Overdrive Mobile Hotspot shuts down immediately with the message "Critical battery low, shutting down." It happens immediately after turning it on. It doesn't even get the chance to get hot or anything. Does anyone have any recommendations?

6 REPLIES 6
Sprint Employee

Does this occur after being fully charged? Do you charge it with the wall charger or via USB?

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

Yes it is fully charged. It is charged with the wall charger.

Sprint Employee

I would suggest having it checked in a Service Center if you have removed/replaced the battery and recharged it fully with the same results.

Journeyman

Ok thanks.

Journeyman

Ok, so I went to a service center. They checked it out and said I needed a new battery. I got the new battery and charged it fully. The first time I used it, it worked for 5 minutes and then shut down. It's doing the same thing it did before.

Sprint Employee

Hello tofu3601xyz, I would have to say it still sounds like a hardware problem, you may want to return to the store so they may test the device, and perhaps your charger. I sorry for the trouble that you have had with the Overdrive.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat