cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overdrive shutdown bug

Journeyman

Overdrive shutdown bug

I have two overdrives that were both experiencing the same problem.  They are both running firrmware 1.06.  After configuring them,  I powered them on, they would connect to 3G and then immediately shut down in six seconds.  This only happened when I didn't have the USB cable connected and my laptop was not powered on yet (meaning no device was connecting via Wi-Fi immediately).  I tracked the problem down to one setting.  It was the "Standby timer on battery" setting.  When I had it set to 60 minutes, the device would shut down on me, but other settings such as 10 minutes or 30 minutes don't have the problem.  I saw this on two devices and it was repeatable.  Just wanted to share in case anyone else experiences this issue and maybe if this gets to Sierra Wireless they will fix the problem.

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: Overdrive shutdown bug

Journeyman

There is a very detailed review of the Overdrive at:

http://www.evdoinfo.com/overdrive

Journeyman

I would go ahead and give the new firmware a shot.  It's at sprint.com/downloads.  Verision 1.07 - was released on the feb 24th.  Most of these issues I've encountered are due to the power save mode.  Let me know if this works for you guys!

GD

Journeyman

The Overdrive 1.0.7 firmware does not address the shutdown bug.

Many of the issues are being tracked at:

http://www.evdoforums.com/thread13443.html

Journeyman

How about this.  I've recently been using the Overdrive card with my Mac Book Pro in Houston Tx.  I live in an area that has 4G service available, even though it hasn't offically launched in our area.  My issues is that my Overdrive card seems to drop the connection randomly.  Granted, the 4G signal is only 20% but, I have 100% signal in 3G.  I think I've narrowed the issue down to it happenning when it downgrades to 3G. Once this happens, the display shows a Full 3G signal, but all connected devices are unable to connect to the card. I've attempted to reconnect to the Overdrive on my mac, and even restarted it to try and reconnect.  Nothing seems to work.  The only thing that works is if I fully restart the Overdrive. Is there any possible solution to this? This is my 2nd Overdrive card due to connection issues. I'm also experiencing hardware issue with the card while its connected to the AC adapter. One issue is that when I attempt to restart the card, with a full charge on it, while connected to the AC adapter, it will freeze up and require me to remove the battery.   Please let me know what you think on these issue.  If needed I can provide you with additional details.

Thanks!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat