cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem trying to install SmartView on Dell Inspiron w/Windows XP

Highlighted
Journeyman

Problem trying to install SmartView on Dell Inspiron w/Windows XP

Each time I try to install SmartView, it hangs up at the very end where it gets to the point where it is "looking for ports". I terminate the install (ignoring the warning that temporary files created during the installation will not be removed) but then SmartView and the Sierra 250U work for a few times with the computer. It works in 4G as well as 3G.

Then, suddenly, the Smart View software is gone and the Sierra 250U is not recognized!

I go to system devices and remove the drivers, then I re-install SmartView again, and it hangs up again. I terminate the install and it again hangs up in finding the ports, but works an additional three or four times before it disappears again. 

Sierra customer support says the problem is in the software.

I also run a Cricket 3G modem and there have never been any problems during the two or three years I've used it.

I have Windows XP, service pack 3, on a Dell 6400.

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: Problem trying to install SmartView on Dell Inspiron w/Windows XP

Regular_grind,

You could be experiencing this issue due to the Cricket 3G modem software being installed on the computer at the same time. This could cause a conflict between the software/drivers. For example, the company that created Sprint Smartview makes other “connection managers” for other wireless companies also. This could be creating a driver conflict, which is more than likely the reason you’re having installation errors with Sprint Smartview. Uninstall the Cricket software fully, reboot and try installing Sprint Smartview once again.

Thanks,

reesethegeek

Patron

Re: Problem trying to install SmartView on Dell Inspiron w/Windows XP

I'm having the exact same problem with the last 2 revisions of not so smartview.  It hangs at the very end of installing the NMEA ports.  BUT everything is installed correctly and the ports funtion.  Can't sprint fix the installer issue?  This has been a problem for YEARS based on the posts I've read.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat