cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program your 598U by Sierra Wireless on a PC

Journeyman

Program your 598U by Sierra Wireless on a PC

Since I've been using my Sierra Wireless 598U through Sprint, I can no longer use any of my FTP programs. If I'm hooked up to another wireless network at the office, then I can upload files easily but when I'm on the Sierra Wireless on the Sprint network, nothing will even connect. Ideas?

thanks, su

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Program your 598U by Sierra Wireless on a PC

Hope you figured out the problem.  I started having problems similar to yours in mid July with the newest update installed.  Once I installed older version, turned off Auto Update and refused further updates I've not had any problems.  Sprint worked with me for nearly a week on and off and it was my son-in-law who figured out how to keep the older version.  Sprint is now aware of this problem so I'll watch for a modified update and will question it before I allow install.

DJ

Highlighted
Patron

I have a similiar problem. How in the world can I roll back to the old version. I have no clue.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi

Thanks for the feedback. Glad you found a working solution. For me, when I stick with the older version my download time on videos etc is very very slow. I've given up and just upload files at the office where I can tap into another wireless network. Hopefully Sprint will address the problem someday, or I'll opt out when the contract is over.

su

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am very disappointed with Sprint. And I'm not sure what to do. I have have with Sprint for more than 12 years and am a Premier Customer. I have two phones and a data card with Sprint - which the data card has been broken for three months. I have called in twice on this matter, my sister has called. You all won't even consider a partial credit. I am extremely disappointed! You have ticked off and possibly lost a loyal customer. Not good Sprint. Not good.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat