cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOMETHING IS INTERFERING WITH CONNECTION

Highlighted
Journeyman

I DON'T UNDERSTAND, WHEN I'M AT MY MOMS CONNECTION IS GREAT, WHEN AT HOME IT IS VERY SLOW. LOADING ANY VIDEO IS VERY SLOW. I THOUGHT YOU CAN TRAVEL WITH THIS LONG AS YOUR IN A COVERAGE AREA, WHICH I AM SO WHAT IS THE PROBLEM. I CALLED SPRINT AND THEY COULDN'T FIX MY PROBLEM. IS THERE SOMETHING INTERFERING WITH THE SIGNAL? I ALWAYS HAVE GOOD SIGNAL BAR 60% TO 80% IN BOTH PLACES.PLEASE HELP.

7 REPLIES 7
Wizard

There are some outside elements that can interfere with the signal. Are you using the same computer at both places? Also can you go outside your house and does the signal get any better? You can also in smartview go to tools and update data profile to see if that fixes any issues. 

Journeyman

I'M USING THE SAME COMPUTER, THEIR BUILDING A BRIDGE 2 HOUSES FROM ME I THOUGHT THAT MIGHT BE THE INTERFERENCE. I DON'T KNOW. AT ONE TIME IT WAS GREAT. I HAD A SIERRA WIRRELESS DATA CARD THAT WORKED GREAT FOR TWO YEARS THEN 5 MONTHS AGO IT GOT BAD THAT IT SAID I HAD A GREAT SIGNAL BUT WAS SO SLOW, SPRINT TOLD ME I MIGHT NEED TO UPGRADE. I DID, I GOT OVERDRIVE HOTSPOT , DIDN'T HELP, BOUGHT A NEW COMPUTER THINKING IT WAS THE COMPUTER. STILL NOTHING. I UPDATED EVERYTHING. I HAVE NOT GONE OUTSIDE YET. BUT I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY I HAVE TO GO OUTSIDE FOR IT TO WORK. AT MY MOMS I'M IN DOORS. BESIDES IT SAYS I HAVE A GREAT SIGNAL WHY WON'T IT GO THROUGH?

Journeyman

Hello

I understand your frustrations and I would feel the same way. Did you every do the update profile? Did that help? The reason for outside, was to see if the signal strength was strong enough to be going through buildings. Also when connected into the administration panel, try Advanced Settings > WAN (tab)  > Update 3G PRL (button).Click Save. Also try Advanced Settings>Device(tab) >Check for updates now(button). Please let us know of the results that you get with these.

Journeyman

Re: SOMETHING IS INTERFERING WITH CONNECTION

yes and it did nothing, i went outside and it did not change, so reset the overdrive and changed the security setting from open wep to the recommended setting which i think is wpa or wpa2 personal and it started loading video fine. i will have to try tonight and see if it is still working. maybe somebody hacked the open wep, i don't know. i also have windows 7

Wizard

Thank you for letting me know of the outcome. On the LCD display of the Overdrive it should tell you how many people are connected to the connection. This doesn't always work, as there are ways to connect but not be detected. I'm glad your device is working at home now, please let us know what you find out tonight.

--Nigel

Journeyman

it tried to work, i don't understand. i never had this problem in the past i've always had great service. even my phone works great at the house, so what is the problem with this. i can't keep paying 59.99 a month and can't watch video or play games online. how can i fix this problem. go outside and it is the same thing, so it's not my house.

Wizard

Hello, Please send me a PM (click on my profile pic, then on right under actions click Send private message) and provide me with the number of the Overdrive, your name, PIN or Security Answer on your account, and a time when I can reach you back. I will be here until 10 PM central and I have the weekends off.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat