Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service through Canada?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Service through Canada?

Hey guys!

I've got a few questions, since I have been talking to my in-laws about using wireless broadband during their travels.

My in-laws live in Alaska, and plan on driving through Canada before they make a trip through the lower 48. My husband had suggested going with mobile broadband, so naturally Sprint came up in our conversation. The only problem we were able to think of was the fact that Sprint wouldn't cover the trip through Canada. Is there some sort of way to use a mobile broadband connection in Canada if they were to go with Sprint mobile broadband, or are they stuck trying to find a wifi connection at the beginning of their travels?

Thanks for any advice you can provide!

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Journeyman

Ummm......Telus Mobility has coverage in British Columbia....They are a CDMA provider.....www.telusmobility.com

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for the help, Canadian!

I'll look in to them.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Raine wrote:
Thanks for the help, Canadian!

I'll look in to them.

Any update on this?!?!?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've been browsing around more than anything. It looks like that may be their best option. My in-laws don't actually have to purchase anything right now because they haven't retired quite yet.

I have a feeling they'll probably end up making some sort of a deal with Telus. I basically just passed the information along to them. If I get more questions from them, I'll let you know.

Highlighted
Journeyman

<div></div><div><br><blockquote><div><hr>Raine wrote:<br>I've been browsing around more than anything. It looks like that may be their best option. My in-laws don't actually have to purchase anything right now because they haven't retired quite yet.<br><br>I have a feeling they'll probably end up making some sort of a deal with Telus. I basically just passed the information along to them. If I get more questions from them, I'll let you know. :)<br><hr></div></blockquote>Telus is Sprint Nextel's Canadian sister company, so I'm sure you can get a deal

Highlighted
Journeyman

If Telus & Sprint are sisters why don't they make it free for Americans to call Canada, and for the Canadians to call the US.  It would make sense.  Since Rogers is a bigger company, Sprint should try and make a deal with them.  I guarantee you they both would benefit big time from that.  Sprint would have been the 1st wireless company in the US to do that. Lots of people would sign up with Sprint.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat