I have the Sierra Wireless 250U USB, Sprint 3G/4G Mobile Broadband. Currently, only the 3G is available to me. I had this device for ~1 1/2 years, and just recently I've been having a problem with certain websites (i.e.: If I go to dictionary.com and type a word in the search field and then click on the Search button, it looks like it's going to open to the page with the definition, but it open ups to a blank page with "Done" in the bottom left corner.). I've tried many different things to try and fix it, but nothing is working. I also called Sprint Customer Support and they tried to reset it on their side, but it did not fix the issue. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Try this - open Sprint Smartview - click on Tools and then go to Settings
Go to setting in SSV, acceleration tab. Change startup type to “Manual” and then click STOP. Close and re-open ssv. Go back to settings, acceleration tab and verify Status now shows “Acceleration OFF”. Now try to connect and browse the web. If issue continues call back and tell them you need a CTMS ticket with a note “disabled byte mobilization and issues still persists”.
Larry ~ OKIESTRO
Okiestro-Thanks for your reply. I have been in contact with Sprint and they decided to send me a new (refurbished) device. But, the problem still continues. I noticed that when I do have an issue with a particular website or a link in my email, that when it loads to the blank with page with "Done" in the left bottom corner, the url (web address in the address bar) is very long which is not happening with websites that load correctly. What is causing this and how do I correct it?
As OKIESTRO indicated, it could be a problem with our connection manager (Sprint Smartview) or how you may have it configured. If you've turned off "Acceleration" with the above steps and it's not correcting the problem, you can uninstall and reinstall Smartview to ensure the connection manager settings have completely reverted back to default. Let me know if you need steps to do this. But if the problem persists beyond these steps, it's more than likely being caused by settings from your browser (Internet Explorer), or settings from your internet security meaning your anti-virus and firewall software. If it's the latter, we would need to test the device in an alternate computer to see if it can be duplicated, or if you have an alternate computer, you can install Smartview and try it on an alternate computer.
Let us know,