cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sierra Wireless 597 gives always gives a 720 error after laptop sleeps or device is unplugged/plugged back in without reeboot.

Highlighted
Patron

Sierra Wireless 597 gives always gives a 720 error after laptop sleeps or device is unplugged/plugged back in without reeboot.

HI guys,

I've had a Sierra Wirelss Compass 597 for quite a while, running under windows 7 64bit with smart view 2.40.0054.0

It connects fine on fresh use have a clean boot, but whats frustrating is any time I unplug the 597 or the laptop is put to sleep, I can never re-connect.  I always get the error from Sprint Smartview :

"Error 720: A connection to the remote computer could not be established.  You might need to change the network settings for this connection.

To help resolve your problem, click here"

The "click here" doesn't take you anywhere.

I then have to reebot the laptop and it will then connect, this is really annoying between meetings as I often put my laptop to sleep, and when I wake it, I then have to reeboot to connect via 3g.

I hope someone else has figured out a solution to this.

Cheers

Grant

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat