cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart View does not have correct drivers for U600 for Windows 7

Journeyman

Smart View does not have correct drivers for U600 for Windows 7

We purchased 7 new broadband cards.  They all came with the latest version of the Smart View software.  The Sierra 250U's worked fine, but Windows 7 shows a driver error for the Franlkin U600's.  Has anyone else seen this problem?  Is there driver download to solve this?

2 REPLIES 2
Master

Re: Smart View does not have correct drivers for U600 for Windows 7

Sprint SmartView for Windows® 7, Vista & XP

Download this software to create a high-speed Internet connection for your computer anywhere on the Sprint 3G or 4G network with your Mobile Broadband Device.
Sprint SmartView features:
  • One-click activation for supported devices
  • GPS features and services are available at the touch of a button for GPS-capable devices
  • Easy connections to Sprint WiFi networks around the globe, available on a pay-as-you-go basis
  • Access to Sprint support services and tools via the Application section
  • Enterprise custom configuration available—business customers, please contact your Sprint Account Manager for details
Special Instructions:
  • Windows Vista users, when installing, right click on the file and select the option "Run as Administrator."
Technical Specifications:
Dated: 09/02/2010
Software Version: 2.50.0038.0
OS Supported: Windows XP (32 bit), Windows Vista (32 and 64 bit), and Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit)
PLEASE NOTE: This software is not compatible with NMEA Ports for Windows Vista 64-bit users.

From what we know, Sprint Smartview or SSV should be compatible with Windows 7 both 32 and 64bit. I would uninstall whichever version came with your aircards, and download from www.sprint.com/downloads this latest version. Do not reconnect the device until the new version has been installed.

Journeyman

Re: Smart View does not have correct drivers for U600 for Windows 7

Tom,

I first installed the latest software before plugging in the device.  The smart view does not see the device.  In Win7 device manager, there is an exclamation.  I selected update drivers, which failed.  I will have try to remote in to the machine and then manually select where the drivers are, but I do notice there is only a Vista folder under drivers in the Smart View program folder.

MK

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat