cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SmartView Error Message: Multiple Connections

Go to solution
Journeyman

h Up 'til now, I've never had a problem with my Sierra Wireless 598U. Reluctantly, I replaced my Windows XP laptop with a Windows 7 laptop, and now I randomly go off-line (with an error message saying something about multiple connections not allowed). At first, it looked like the WiFi feature on my version of SmartView was the problem, but disconnects continued after I disabled it. My computer has detected WiFi Networks in my local, but I've never connected to them (to my knowledge). I'm guessing that Windows 7 is the problem, but as far as I know, my Sprint USB devise is the default wireless connection. Something's getting tossed across the room very soon!

2 REPLIES 2
Master

Multiple connections on your laptop  that are active on your laptop either via  through wi-fi or  Sprintsmartview. You need to go to start- control pannel-network and sharing center- check all connections.If any other connections are active besides Sprint Smartview,right click and remove from network or disable network(doesent matter wi-fi or DSL).

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks, your reply confirms what I did a few days ago. I disabled everything...the problem hasn't returned so far.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat